Gym Idiots Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a guy in my gym, we call him Elmer. (I give nicknames to everyone) I dont talk to elmer though. We call him Elmer because he looks like Elmer from bugs bunny, short, slightly fat, bald. Anyways Elmer is one weird guy. THe bench press is behind the squat cage and im squatting and hes looking in the mirror for 10 15 mins, basically if hes not benching his 65 lb bench hes cranking his neck to the left to look in my mirror. Awkward as hell because I cant tell if this guy is checking me out or if hes checking himself out for that long.

Anyways after Im done I ask him how many sets he has, he says 3. Five mins later he hasnt even done 1 set. its 65 lbs total FFS I know he can do that shit. Anyways now im pissed so I start throwing shit into the squat rack to convert it into a bench press and its not pretty.

When im finally all done setting up my bench in the squat, Elmer says im done. He didnt even do 1 set.
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So at the end of my workout im back to the squat rack to use its pull up bar. Elmer was talking to some dude for the last 30 mins doing nothing and then walks towards my mirror btw theres MIRRORS EVERYWHERE, but instead he comes to the mirror im standing infront of, lifts up his shirt (which i refuse to look at and get turned into stone, so I look down) but i know its just a fat bulge. He keeps his shirt up for aprox 5 seconds and then leaves.

Dear diary... I Couldnt figure out whats wrong with the dude, but today I made an enemy.

Last edited:
Know whats even funnier. They see us doing our normal lifts, and prob think "what the fuck are they doing???!?!?"

lmao

A lot of the time I notice people watching me squatting and thinking, "why's he making such a raucous (psyching myself up) over this weight?" Though, whenever I see this expression I always remember the last time I saw them squatting and how they reached max. 1/2 of the depth I go to.

Anybody worth a mention in my gym (many far stronger than myself) make this face when I squat:

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

I tend to ignore anybody/everybody else than the people more proficient than myself at the gym. Well, unless they desire guidance.

I hope those aren't forty-five pound plates, because she just made me look like a bitch.

I hope those aren't forty-five pound plates, because she just made me look like a bitch.

Ive seen this video before and this entire time I was under the impression it was a 45 lb plate. I just saw the guy lift it back down when she was done like it was just the bar, scam!

Performed GM's for the first time in my short lifting career last night and got some funny looks. One older guy just kept staring as if to say "the fuck?!?!". Oh, and a group of 5 kids that go to the high school I went to were acting as a spotting team for 20kg dumbbell bench presses. You know the drill, one behind, one on each wrist, one just standing there giving him bro support....

I'm rehabbing from my C5-6 ACDF so I hit the local YMCA up to use their 3 lb. dumbbells for some of my PT exercises. These are located in the woman's lifting area, some are done on a ball.

I always look around for someone with a camera phone out before I start, lest I get blown up on this thread.

Man that's some serious forearm strength right there, I really hope I can hit that weight one day. He even calls himself God of War - how bad is this dude?

Thanks guys, this thread is a daily reminder of how much I DON'T miss going to a gym.

I dropped a plate on my foot again...:icon_cry2

This time it was from shoulder height. I am very impressed with the durability of the human foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back