Status
Not open for further replies.

PLftw

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
someone told me someone came into the gym with a laptop to do p90x

Last edited:
I was at the park doing sprints and two younger guys had a strap strung between two trees and they were trying to tightrope walk it and failing badly and alternating with pull ups and gymnastic ring stuff because the park has those set up. Are they gypsy acrobats or is this some new crossfit trend. These are the second people ive seen practicing tight rope walking in the last couple of weeks so im starting to wonder

"Labtop"

tumblr_m3z5l60vSz1rqxldno1_250.gif

1. Bicep monkey at gym
2. See's my skinny ass doing deadlifts (think I was doing 330, nothing special)
3. He gets bright idea
4. Loads up 225
5. Barely pulls it
6. Moves to 275
7. Uses "the force" to get this shit off the ground
8. Moves to 315
9. No

To be fair, it looks like the guy is now on a strength program and has abandoned his "brocep" training I used to see him doing. I'd offer him a spot to workout with my lifting partner and I but he keeps giving me fucking dirty bitchass looks.

I don't think I've ever put anything in here from my gym, because I really don't care what other people do. But this guy has done this now everyday for at least a month. So it's going in here.

Comes in, straps on his puffy gloves and hooks up his 1st generation ipod. Walks straight to the Smith Machine like a god damn Spartan. He walks towards this thing like if he sees someone on it he will slash their god damn throat and piss down it.

Loads up 2 plates. Replicates what would be something like a 3 board press I'm guessing. He will set the safeties on the Smith so he can only lower it maybe 2 inches.

Gets up and Spartan walks his ass 1 lap around the gym.

Loads 3 plates, rinse repeat.

He does this until all 12 45's my gym has are loaded on that god forsaken piece of shit. Un-racks it and just lets it slam down on the safeties. Gets up to look around, making sure everyone in the gym just witnessed this historical power-lifting extravaganza.

Racks weight (at least he does that) and leaves. Mind blown.

someone told me someone came into the gym with a laptop to do p90x

LOL our gym put big screens near the squash courts for it and any other exercise DVD you want to use...

He does this until all 12 45's my gym has are loaded on that god forsaken piece of shit. Un-racks it and just lets it slam down on the safeties. Gets up to look around, making sure everyone in the gym just witnessed this historical power-lifting extravaganza..

Lol. So he just drops it on the pins, or does he lock it out?

Not at the gym, but there was a guy in my class (for the most part complete dumbass, i.e. practically brags about driving home drunk and hitting a tree...lol)

Anyways, he was talking about how he's starting a diet, and doing p90x to get in shape. His idea of a diet was cutting out soda and caffeine, because in his mind. "caffeine breaks down the muscles and prevents you from getting stronger", yet he goes out and drinks insane amounts multiple times per week.... lol

Not at the gym, but there was a guy in my class (for the most part complete dumbass, i.e. practically brags about driving home drunk and hitting a tree...lol)

Anyways, he was talking about how he's starting a diet, and doing p90x to get in shape. His idea of a diet was cutting out soda and caffeine, because in his mind. "caffeine breaks down the muscles and prevents you from getting stronger", yet he goes out and drinks insane amounts multiple times per week.... lol

Well shit, that was actually me posting that. but didn't realize that i was logged into a friends account. :eek:

Shraped.

Good cover story with that whole "friend's account" thing, btw. Me thinks it was the account you were gearing up for a shiny new troll thread.

Hope it wasn't zel you were referring to...:eek:

What? lol

Yea, I was logged into his account on here. Cause he started a log yesterday and used my computer to do it. I guess he forgot to log out.

edit: And i just got what you were talking about, my brain's working slow today...lol. And no, it wasn't Zelmec. I've had him on starting strength for the past month. :D

Yesterday, I was a bit of a gym idiot:

Babyeater was at the gym with me, and she commented on the two loaded barbells on the platform behind her squat cage. She said something along the lines of, "looks like someone was deadlifting with both bars at once. One bar was 75 lbs., while the other was 185 lbs. I of course responded to her challenge like so:

5835158019_5217186d35.jpg

...But soon realized I couldn't pick up both bars at the same time. I decided on the next best thing: I snatched the 75-lb. bar and placed it high on my traps, then proceeded to try and deadlift the 185 lb. bar off the ground. After a few minor balance issues, I got the 185 lb. bar near lockout, but as I was pushing my hips through, the 75-lb. bar rolled off my back and across the gym, where it settled near some poor, stunned Asian undergraduate.

After this display, I decided to continue on and perform some no-handed squats. These, fortunately, went a little better.

And now some misguided fool is going to try and emulate that two barbell lift and no hands squats because he saw some strong jakt guy do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back