Gym Idiots Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I move that this thread be locked and renamed "Tommo's gas-mask-and-suspender-deadlift-gym-idiot commemoration thread".

Great job getting pic, too.

I move that this thread be locked and renamed "Tommo's gas-mask-and-suspender-deadlift-gym-idiot commemoration thread".

Great job getting pic, too.

LMAO!

Actually getting the pic was easy - I don't think he had much in the way of peripheral vision. The hard part was biding my time for the 5 minutes it took him to successfully execute a deadlift.

Last edited:
LMAO!

Actually getting the pic was easy - I don't think he had much in the way of peripheral vision. The hard part was biding my time for the 5 minutes it took him to successfully execute a deadlift.

Your story was so ridiculous we would've never believed you if you didn't have that pic as proof:)

I think I win this thread.

List of infractions:

1) Wearing a gas mask whilst lifting.
2) Having luminous suspender things attached from his (suspender) belt to his (running) shoes. These appear to have the effect of 'keeping him on his toes'.
3) 1 x set of Deadlifts using the grips on the plates rather than the barbell.
4) Then using a double underhand grip, 3 failed attempts to deadlift around 140-150kg.
5) Having finally deadlifted 140-150kgs he then performs 3 of the most miserable Rows I have ever seen. This actually looked like he was copulating with the barbell (this was surreal given his outlandish attire).
6) Drops the weight from the deadlift position.
7) Reaps adulation from ill informed bro's and holds conversations whilst still whilst still wearing gasmask/suspender combo.

P7brp.jpg

The Force is strong with you, Padawan.:eek:

Finished, this Thread is.

well the other 99 pages are irrelevant compared to that

utterly epic

Amazing. Might not come back to this thread again. Certainly can't contribute, thats for sure.

LMAO!

Best. White Belt Post. Ever.:cool::icon_chee

I tip my hat to you sir. I've seen half-squaters, rack curlers, curl monkies on their 6th bicep circuit, shirly pressers, wannabe crossfitters, ab work on the backraise equipment, and even some people wearing wraps for 205lb deadlifts. How that guy walked in there taking himself seriously with an outfit that resembled a low budget 80s apocalypse movie is simply amazing.

Just came back from the gym. I left after waiting 5mins for the squat rack. My archnemesis was in there doing 65pound rack pulls so I started stretching. I saw him unloading the weight, sweet I thought I can get to my squats finally, and he then puts on two 25s so he can do 95lb rack pulls. I picked my shit up and walked out.

I have come out of mourning to state that how glad I am to have seen that photograph. I will now go back into the deep, dark recesses of my heart.

RIP old S&P, you'll forever be in my heart.

Oh jesus: speed-strength and bitches in the club worked out together today. I had no idea they even knew each other. Together, their douchebaggery might just be unstoppable.

At least they put safety first: they were using clamps on the smith machine today. I guess that was in case the entire machine tipped to the side while they did decline bench presses on it.

List of infractions:

2) Having luminous suspender things attached from his (suspender) belt to his (running) shoes. These appear to have the effect of 'keeping him on his toes'.
4) Then using a double underhand grip, 3 failed attempts to deadlift around 140-150kg.
5) Having finally deadlifted 140-150kgs he then performs 3 of the most miserable Rows I have ever seen. This actually looked like he was copulating with the barbell (this was surreal given his outlandish attire).
7) Reaps adulation from ill informed bro's and holds conversations whilst still whilst still wearing gasmask/suspender combo.

P7brp.jpg

Looks like he is wearing an altitude-training mask. I have friends who swear by them for increasing cardio endurance, but I

List of infractions:

P7brp.jpg

congratulations on winning this forum. I motion for instant silver/platinum/other special belt

That was the most spectacular post in the history of Sherdog.

My fellows.

Does this qualify as gym idiocy? Or is he manly because of the sheer amount of weight?

I submit the exhibit to your expert judgement.

That dude is headed for a catastrophic back injury.

That dude is headed for a catastrophic back injury.

Yeah wtf... weight is obviously way too heavy, bar is too low on his back, back is already rounded before he even starts walking it out, GMs it real bad on the way up, and then he starts walking it back in before he's even locked it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back