Gym Idiots Thread VII

Any of y'all heard of the Hodge twins? I guess they're alright for bodybuilders, but damn they think dumbbells are better than barbells in all situations.

no idiot today but i sat in the steam room for a bit trying to clear up some stuffyness. the hot tub is around the corner from the steam room. few teenagers in there on some sports team, probably thinking the place is empty, are all talking about who has the biggest dick in the locker room, and saying that someone named jamal has a two hander.

the silence that fell over them when i burst into laughter was epic.

Last edited:
Well, first of all, his name is Jabaal. And its true, I checked !

No idiot story but I've seen Todd Duffee and Tyron Spong in my gym over the last week. Probably just part of the New Years resolution crowd. ;)

No idiot story but I've seen Todd Duffee and Tyron Spong in my gym over the last week. Probably just part of the New Years resolution crowd. ;)

Whatttt, that's awesome. What gym?

I was doing farmers walks in the gym yesterday. Most of the NY resolutions crowd had given up, but the gym was still busier than a typical Thursday evening. Now, I know that I am the one doing an exercise that takes up a lot of space, so I make sure that I stay away from anyone in the middle of a set and give them space to work.

One might expect that those who were not currently at work would at least stay out of my way, but the guys who spend 90% of their gym time standing around the aisles chatting and flexing don't roll like that. Now, the stationary ones I can work around, but one guy actually walked right out in front of me and started taking plates off a stand. Another did the same but instead started doing tricep pushdowns with his ass as far back as possible (note: there were three other cable machines, all of them free, where he wouldn't have bothered me at all).

A third guy walked up to me during a DL set and asked me how much I had left. Later, after I had finished, I took the 10kg plates off, and he told me to leave the rest. My mouth said fine, my mind thought "yeah skinny guy, go deadlift 100kg with no warmup". When I looked back he had switched a pair of 20's for 10's, which looked more right for him.

Honorable mention goes out to the guy who instead of a "pussy pad" (which was lying right next to the machine) had taken a stretching mat and rolled it up around the smith machine bar for his "squats".

I'm a skinny guy and I have no problems deadlifting 100kg without a warm-up.

I'm sure a lot of the skinny guys from this forum could, but the guys in my gym are a different breed. I'd seen him before, but never moving heavy weights.

Hell, I can count the number of guys in my gym that I have seen deadlifting 100kg(+) on one hand, even if I include myself.

Last edited:
He didn't get on the bench after every single pull up. Only at the beginning of the set to grab the bar. The bench was also too high to do negatives since his head was way above the bar whenever he stepped on it.

Don't understand the point of doing that. Is it actually to avoid jumping?

Maintain scapular depression/retraction prior to initiating the pull. Not silly at all. It seems many folks have issues once they allow their scapulas "stretch" at the bottom of a pull and then their form goes to shit.

Yeah, but it gives me a higher awesomeness-per-inch ratio.

CSi_Miami_sunglasses.gif

Really was taken back by some of the idiocy today. Guy loaded up the bar with 45's on each side went into deadlift position. He proceeded to explode up into what I can only describe as a Jumping Shrug Deadlift.

He did this all while sounding like he needed very badly to shit himself.

Edit: Also a guy overhead pressing with the EZ Curl bar while sitting on an exercise ball. Functional.

Really was taken back by some of the idiocy today. Guy loaded up the bar with 45's on each side went into deadlift position. He proceeded to explode up into what I can only describe as a Jumping Shrug Deadlift.

Not sure if he doesn't know how to power clean or you don't know what one looks like.

Back