Gym Idiots Thread VII

T-nation

Huge gunz

Two camera angles with unnecessary cuts

40kg on bar, straps

Shithouse technique

But yes the guy in the story could have very well been attempting clean pulls.

T-nation

Huge gunz

40kg on bar, straps

Shithouse technique

ya, first video on yt search.

Sure, not surprised. That wasn't a shot at you or anything.

I just get irritated at the misinformation out there on the lifts.

I saw a guy do some sort of awkward shoulder press with the leg press machine a few weeks ago...

Creative AND functional IMO.

you ever see anyone who works at the gym stop members from using the equipment wrong?

i havent, i always find that sort of surprising.

T-nation

Huge gunz

40kg on bar, straps

Shithouse technique

It was 50 kilos, dude. Give the man a little credit, that was a monstrous pull. There is no way anyone could do that without the use of straps.

In the sauna:

A: Yeah man, I got three trainers.
B: What? Just watch youtube.
A: Well, I know all that... I just like the push they give.
B: Hell, I'll be your trainer. I'll push you for free.

you ever see anyone who works at the gym stop members from using the equipment wrong?

i havent, i always find that sort of surprising.

They generally preach to us not to correct people because they take it like we're insulting them. We're just told to not say anything, and if they ask us for assistance then tell them whether or not they're doing it right.

I've stopped people using equipment wrong, but not as an employee. Also stopped some guys for doing the absolute worst stiff-leg deadlifts I've ever seen. They looked like question marks, and I could just hear their backs praying for death.

It was glorious! Naudi the Savior, clad in shining functionality, burst forth into the dark depths of the Sherdog forums, like a cleansing light in the darkest of times. But a great army of fat powerlifters, who could not see past their "big three", driven by jealousy stemming from their overly tight psoas, mounted a fearsome assault on our brave Savior.

He danced and leaped back and forth, from Bosu to Bosu, a 12kg kettlebell in one hand and a cable machine attachment in the other. The enemy faltered, driven back by such incredible and daring proprioception, but only momentarily; with even greater fury, they surged forth, clad in single-ply lifting suits, chalked hands gripping Eleiko barbells.

The battle was furious, and lasted many pages and split across more than one thread- in the end the fat, non-functional powerlifters were victorious, and Naudi vanished into the night.

Because he's the hero F13 deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a hyper-functional NASM-certified knight.

Ha! I can't find any "Naudi thread" with Search; just lots of references to a Naudi thread.

I'd be interested to learn why he was/is so disliked; can anyone hit me up with a link to the original debates?

Ha! I can't find any "Naudi thread" with Search; just lots of references to a Naudi thread.

I'd be interested to learn why he was/is so disliked; can anyone hit me up with a link to the original debates?

Oh my. I'd forgotten I made that post. Was wondering what such an old thread was bumped for.

Back