Gym idiots thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this now about TV, M*A*S*H was a great show.

Yes, I'm aware that's the opening for the movie, but it's good too. I also find it amusing that the TV show lasted 8 years longer than the Korean war,and that there were more Christmas episodes than there were Christmas's during the war.

Ive always like House, i know its ridiculous but i find it entertaining

Loved the first season of Lost, the others.....lets not go there

Plus 1 on Dexter and Breaking Bad as well

Since this now about TV, M*A*S*H was a great show.

Yes, I'm aware that's the opening for the movie, but it's good too. I also find it amusing that the TV show lasted 8 years longer than the Korean war,and that there were more Christmas episodes than there were Christmas's during the war.

This thread is no longer about TV. This thread is about me getting the last post! Priorities, people!

I think Lost could have been a great show if they had planned it out from the beginning, with the intent of it running only one or two seasons.

That's the problem with most shows that have a "Myth Arc" - they're not planned ahead, and instead of being well paced and planned with an ending already thought out, they just run for as long as they can making it up as they go.

I'm pretty fond of Cheer's theme song. I'm not to fond of the first season, however.

I'm pretty fond of Cheer's theme song. I'm not to fond of the first season, however.

Cheer's had a great theme song. Makes me want to go to a bar - except I know it wouldn't be a place where everyone knows my name.

And to continue:

I think Lost could have been a great show if they had planned it out from the beginning, with the intent of it running only one or two seasons.

That's the problem with most shows that have a "Myth Arc" - they're not planned ahead, and instead of being well paced and planned with an ending already thought out, they just run for as long as they can making it up as they go.

I'm thankful that I never fell for Lost, having seen the exact same flying-by-the-seat-of-their-fucking-pants writing style in X Files a decade earlier. No jobbing TV writer brought in to work on either show had a clue where it was going, but they were expert enough in writing enough unanswerable mysteries to trick the audience into believing it was all worked out.

Hell On Wheels is starting to feel the same way. This first season is a lot of compartmentalised plots and hackneyed character exposition, and the only good thing about it is it cosmetically reminds me of a rather superior show...

Cheer's had a great theme song.

Even though it's not the theme, I've always preferred the ecstasy of gold.

Enter the dragons was pretty awesome too.

You're welcome

Lulz, that was awesome. You are thanked.

As a kid I loved these intro's

EDIT: I actually just finished re-watching this.

EDIT#2: Cosgrove really made this show awesome.

I agree completely, they got so caught up in the mystery of it that they wrote themselves into a corner with no clean way to end the show. The first season was done so well, then it just slowly degraded as the seasons went on, and you are right, it's because they didn't have an end goal to work towards, just did whatever they wanted without the need to explain any of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back