Gym idiots thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens. I'm glad it got corrected. Don would've heard. Obviously we all know what he would do.

I'm thankful that I never fell for Lost, having seen the exact same flying-by-the-seat-of-their-fucking-pants writing style in X Files a decade earlier. No jobbing TV writer brought in to work on either show had a clue where it was going, but they were expert enough in writing enough unanswerable mysteries to trick the audience into believing i was all worked out.

Hell On Wheels is starting to feel the same way. This first season is a lot of compartmentalised plots and hackneyed character exposition, and the only good thing about it is it cosmetically reminds me of a rather superior show...

This has been going on for decades, see the original version of 'The Prisoner' for example.

Weird thing is, many of them are considered all-time great TV shows despite their complete lack of foresight.

Ok, enough is enough. Don't kill this thread!!!

Almost too painful to watch:

THE DEADLIFT AT 3 MIN MAKES ME CRINGEEEE

*cough cough* ~4:20 may or may not.... have happened to me before..... :( the first bit were it gets stuck and he pushes it off to the side. nearly ripped my nipple off... I still usualy don't have a spotter but now I stop a few reps before I feel the same thing will happen again...

4:08 looks pretty painful aswell..

Best part is easily the guy at 2:00 trying to curl on his webcam and breaks his fish tank. I personally don't like the guys who dropped the bench bars, too painful looking. I like a good laugh but not so much the more injury ones.

Best part is easily the guy at 2:00 trying to curl on his webcam and breaks his fish tank. I personally don't like the guys who dropped the bench bars, too painful looking. I like a good laugh but not so much the more injury ones.

What, you mean you're not a callous husk of a man, taking pleasure in other people's pain and suffering, living just to see the world burn and circle the drain?

I agree completely, they got so caught up in the mystery of it that they wrote themselves into a corner with no clean way to end the show. The first season was done so well, then it just slowly degraded as the seasons went on, and you are right, it's because they didn't have an end goal to work towards, just did whatever they wanted without the need to explain any of it

The thing is that they actually did have an ending to work toward. Apparently the ending that we saw (the afterlife meet-up thing) was the planned end from the very beginning. The problem (I think) is that they didn't plan for the show to run for so long so they started adding filler. I'm pretty sure I read interviews where the writers said they added stuff in the earlier seasons because it seemed cool or interesting, never intending to explain it.

Then when they decided to make it 6 seasons they had to figure out a way to make it lead back to the original proposed ending. I don't know why they insisted on keeping the same ending when they could have done something better. Even though I thought the ending was lackluster I did enjoy most of season 6. It was the opposite of some shows (e.g. Nip/Tuck) where I was only watching it to see how it ended.

The thing is that they actually did have an ending to work toward. Apparently the ending that we saw (the afterlife meet-up thing) was the planned end from the very beginning. The problem (I think) is that they didn't plan for the show to run for so long so they started adding filler. I'm pretty sure I read interviews where the writers said they added stuff in the earlier seasons because it seemed cool or interesting, never intending to explain it.

Then when they decided to make it 6 seasons they had to figure out a way to make it lead back to the original proposed ending. I don't know why they insisted on keeping the same ending when they could have done something better. Even though I thought the ending was lackluster I did enjoy most of season 6. It was the opposite of some shows (e.g. Nip/Tuck) where I was only watching it to see how it ended.

i agree that most of season 6 was enjoyable even though the ending was a little disappinting to me. The fact that that was the ending all along kind of makes me shake my head because they really did add a bunch of filler that they didnt feel the need to explain, and thats frustrating as a viewer because im left wondering about so many things. They just swept it under the rug with the notion that "it will make sense and be tied in later" and then it never happened. just mainly disappointed how it was done as someone that watched every episode and was enthralled with it for a while. *shrug* o well, i still enjoyed it, just frustrating because you feel it could have be done so much better

What, you mean you're not a callous husk of a man, taking pleasure in other people's pain and suffering, living just to see the world burn and circle the drain?

Apparently not. I'm good for schadenfreude occasionally, but not injury. Although I only state it because there is clearly an appetite for this sort of thing here and many other places.

I feel bad for people who go into a gym and don't really have any plan on what they're doing. This tall kid comes strolling into the gym and goes to the curl rack but then walks away and starts doing lunges without any weights across the walkway infront of all the leg machines. Then he goes and grabs two 10 pound dumbells and starts doing dumbell squats in front of a mirror. It looked like he was doing the workout of an old lady in rehab. I felt bad for the guy, but I'm not one to tell people what I think unless they ask.

Another funny thing, I see some kids in the squat rack with 35 plates on each side. I think to myself, hey it's good that those guys are doing squats.. I was wrong. They were doing 'good mornings' and they had hardly any movement at all. The guy was grunting and only going maybe 3 inches in front of him. I wanted to tell them if they replaced the 35s with 5s and went down all the way they could get a better workout, I didn't of course.

I don't understand how most these videos get out. If I'm working out taping myself and I do some serious retard shit, why would I upload that to you tube? I would immediately delete vid lol.

I feel bad for people who go into a gym and don't really have any plan on what they're doing. This tall kid comes strolling into the gym and goes to the curl rack but then walks away and starts doing lunges without any weights across the walkway infront of all the leg machines. Then he goes and grabs two 10 pound dumbells and starts doing dumbell squats in front of a mirror. It looked like he was doing the workout of an old lady in rehab. I felt bad for the guy, but I'm not one to tell people what I think unless they ask.

Another funny thing, I see some kids in the squat rack with 35 plates on each side. I think to myself, hey it's good that those guys are doing squats.. I was wrong. They were doing 'good mornings' and they had hardly any movement at all. The guy was grunting and only going maybe 3 inches in front of him. I wanted to tell them if they replaced the 35s with 5s and went down all the way they could get a better workout, I didn't of course.

he may have thought he was doing squats... lol

i forget sometimes that those getting into lifting late have an uphill battle infront of them. theyve never heard of SS or 5x5 or know what a snatch is or anything outside of bench/curl.

i took weightlifting in school all 4 years in high school and played football and wrestling so we had programs at least. but if you didnt i dont know how youd learn or know where to start. i HATE when kids dont put weights away. we cleaned our weight room completely before we could leave. it was a brand new high school and weight room and still the best weight room ive ever seen..

Isn't it great when producers/writers/whomever can just let a show run the right amount of time needed to tell a story, and then end, instead of milking the show for everything they can, and then leaving a discarded corpse of a plot?

Isn't it great when producers/writers/whomever can just let a show run the right amount of time needed to tell a story, and then end, instead of milking the show for everything they can, and then leaving a discarded corpse of a plot?

yes, its very great

he may have thought he was doing squats... lol

i forget sometimes that those getting into lifting late have an uphill battle infront of them. theyve never heard of SS or 5x5 or know what a snatch is or anything outside of bench/curl.

i took weightlifting in school all 4 years in high school and played football and wrestling so we had programs at least. but if you didnt i dont know how youd learn or know where to start. i HATE when kids dont put weights away. we cleaned our weight room completely before we could leave. it was a brand new high school and weight room and still the best weight room ive ever seen..

Yea, I played Football freshman year then after season was over we all went straight into the weight room where our coach had us do a 10-8-6 program with assistance workouts upperbody/lowerbody depending on the day and your position where everyone would rotate stations after a certain time. After that I was in wrestling, we didn't lift nearly as much but once in a while we hit the weights and amazingly I kept my strength in the upper body lifts. P4P I was in the top10 in my school as a sophomore for lifting, which is odd because throughout wrestling season I stopped lifting completely and my coach forced me, yes forced, to enter the weightlifting competition after season was over (I think he knew I had to represent his team). It was a combination of (max bench + max squat) compared to your body weight.

I got #1 out of the wrestling team and #3 out of the school, but I know some football players who didn't enter who would have knocked me down quite a bit for sure. Those guys weightlifted more than they played football, and I hadn't even lifted in over half a year. No other sport even came close to weightlifting like the football team did, and I respected them for it and honestly missed it once I left. It was a victory for me to even place be honest. Now I've gained wieght and getting back into lifting after many years, my squat has gone down severly, my bench is up but that's just due to being bigger.

You wanna know how we don't have mods ? This is still going on. Well after a 1000 replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back