Gym Idiots V12

One girl the other day was doing- I'm not making this up- leg press and incline bench at the same time!

Minutes before she was using the assisted pull up machine as some sort of leg exercise. She'd stand on the support thing and put one foot on the cushion where you're supposed to kneel and just press down.

She was gold.

This must be some new fad exercise. I see this damn thing at my gym constantly and I'm still not entirely sure why one just wouldn't do a step-up.

Yeah, kind of weird to ask a stranger to spot you on squats.

He was a gym instructor, isnt that kinda like their job?

Also i dont understand Americans, you are too afraid of physical contact yet you shower together at the gym in high school and your urinals dont have any sort of privacy.

Similar to the Japanese where they have public baths, but god forbid you ask for a handshake.

Also i dont understand Americans, you are too afraid of physical contact yet you shower together at the gym in high school and your urinals dont have any sort of privacy.

Similar to the Japanese where they have public baths, but god forbid you ask for a handshake.

Can't speak for everyone else in America but I have never been in a communal shower ever, even in high school. There are rules for the urinal and many do have small little walls to separate people.

Can't speak for everyone else in America but I have never been in a communal shower ever, even in high school. There are rules for the urinal and many do have small little walls to separate people.

This.

The only public places people tend to be naked are locker rooms, and even then, it's usually older guys.

I don't get the stereotype that Americans are terrified of physical contact, though.

I've never seen high school kids shower together anywhere but in the movies. If the gym has one, its' most definitely empty. Kids will just stay sweaty and shower when they get home. Who brings a towel and all of that to gym class? Not even athletes showered together.

Why is it so goddamn hard to get people not to touch the bar on bench? My god you say no touching and they paw the bar immediately. Trying to do a double with 315 and first rep feels right, second rep is easier than the first. 335 goes up like butter, too well in fact. Dude. Stop touching the bar. I need to know where I'm at. 335 again, same thing. I quit. Just want a lift off. Jeez. Maybe I should put on 405 and between the two of use I'll get some resistance?

Why is it so goddamn hard to get people not to touch the bar on bench? My god you say no touching and they paw the bar immediately. Trying to do a double with 315 and first rep feels right, second rep is easier than the first. 335 goes up like butter, too well in fact. Dude. Stop touching the bar. I need to know where I'm at. 335 again, same thing. I quit. Just want a lift off. Jeez. Maybe I should put on 405 and between the two of use I'll get some resistance?

Perhaps this is the real reason why so many bros only do assisted bench?

Perhaps this is the real reason why so many bros only do assisted bench?

On the other side of the coin it gets on my nerves when people ask me to spot them and they will fail but then keep going.

In for cincymma79's 1/4 rep bench vids :D

high bar?

I've never seen high school kids shower together anywhere but in the movies. If the gym has one, its' most definitely empty. Kids will just stay sweaty and shower when they get home. Who brings a towel and all of that to gym class? Not even athletes showered together.

I had soccer 1st period my freshman and sophomore years of high school (we had to be there about 45 minutes before 1st period, though).

Coach made showering mandatory for everyone. He never enforced it but really emphasized how he better not catch anyone stinking around. So everyone brought their shampoo, soap, towel and clothes in a duffel bag and hit the communal shower every single morning.

It was definitely an experience and you can imagine the idiocy/hilarity that went on when 20+ teens had to strip naked and shower up.

This was in the mid 90s in Houston, by the way.

This.

The only public places people tend to be naked are locker rooms, and even then, it's usually older guys.

I don't get the stereotype that Americans are terrified of physical contact, though.

Its a stereotype, dont blame me, blame your media. Also blame these folk that think spotting a squat in a gym is awkward.

You whine and make a lot of excuses regarding your training.

You whine and make a lot of excuses regarding your training.

Ha. My bench is fine and i've made good progress there and ohp. Bro lifts don't help. "I only touched it a little" is still a fail. At least let me fail and then grab it. Normally just use a cage and say fuck it but was hoping to get one set in at the gym in a box using a lift off. I give up on the place. If you can't do it yourself then just forget about it.

Back