Gym Idiots V12

We have six oly stations at my gym, which is awesome, and more women are doing deads and squats, which is also fine. The problem is what they all seem to do to warm up. They all spend 20-30 minutes doing some stretching shit right in front of the station before even touching the platform or bar. Typical scenario is two chicks camped out in front of adjacent stations, chit chatting while they are lying in front of them on their yoga pads stretching or whatever, for 20-30 minutes. Seems too systematic to be a coincidence. Must be the idiot trainers.

^^^^^ that actually just sounds great.

Years ago this massive dude asked me and another guy to spot him on squat, one of us on each side. The other spotter had some sort of physical injury/deformity where he could barely move one of his arms. I don't think he could even raise the arm more than a few inches. It was visible too, like one arm was smaller and scarred up.

So the guy is trying to explain that he wouldn't be a good spotter because of his arm but the squatter is having none of it and assures him that everything will be fine.

So the squatting commences, and I don't remember how much weight it was, but he can't get it so we go to help. I'm trying not to totally lift my side and throw all the weight to the other end but the other spotter can't do anything. Needless to say the weight was fucking teetering all over this dude's back for like 30 seconds before we got it racked.

The fucked up thing is that the squatter acted all pissed off that the dude couldn't assist in re-racking even though he tried to tell him before hand. I felt bad for the dude.

Why is it so goddamn hard to get people not to touch the bar on bench? My god you say no touching and they paw the bar immediately. Trying to do a double with 315 and first rep feels right, second rep is easier than the first. 335 goes up like butter, too well in fact. Dude. Stop touching the bar. I need to know where I'm at. 335 again, same thing. I quit. Just want a lift off. Jeez. Maybe I should put on 405 and between the two of use I'll get some resistance?

Exactly. When I go anywhere near 400 or over I just have someone I know spot me. My rule is don't touch the bar unless it's going back down. Just because I'm fighting with the weight that doesn't mean I won't get it.

Years ago this massive dude asked me and another guy to spot him on squat, one of us on each side. The other spotter had some sort of physical injury/deformity where he could barely move one of his arms. I don't think he could even raise the arm more than a few inches. It was visible too, like one arm was smaller and scarred up.

So the guy is trying to explain that he wouldn't be a good spotter because of his arm but the squatter is having none of it and assures him that everything will be fine.

So the squatting commences, and I don't remember how much weight it was, but he can't get it so we go to help. I'm trying not to totally lift my side and throw all the weight to the other end but the other spotter can't do anything. Needless to say the weight was fucking teetering all over this dude's back for like 30 seconds before we got it racked.

The fucked up thing is that the squatter acted all pissed off that the dude couldn't assist in re-racking even though he tried to tell him before hand. I felt bad for the dude.

I don't understand why the bloke with the injured are didn't just refuse and walk away.

Exactly. When I go anywhere near 400 or over I just have someone I know spot me. My rule is don't touch the bar unless it's going back down. Just because I'm fighting with the weight that doesn't mean I won't get it.

I can explain, they think that they have to lift the whole weight if you fail and its not in their minds that they only have to lift like 10 kilos to help you if you are failing.
I know, I was that guy...

Today I pushed my cleans up a bit, decided to do 64kg, put two blues on, another two small blues each side of the bar. Really struggled on my first one. Took me a minute to work out what was going on. My maths needs work, and today I am the gym idiot.

Can't stand this gym rat where I work out.

He is as wide as he is tall. Puts all his shit on the leg press with 8 plates a side - then proceeds to not do a single damn leg press the entire hour I was working out. Sets up a metal folding chair to do box squats on - plopping down, rounding his lower back, it was painful to watch and I expected the chair to give way. Unfortunately it didn't.

He tries to hog as many fucking machines as possible for his 2 hour long leg workout. Hate that douche bag.

tell him you're working in, and do your thing.

or smolder silently and complain about it on the internet.

tell him you're working in, and do your thing.

or smolder silently and complain about it on the internet.

I didn't need anything he was hogging. Just a general observation as to his lack of respect for the gym.

Today I pushed my cleans up a bit, decided to do 64kg, put two blues on, another two small blues each side of the bar. Really struggled on my first one. Took me a minute to work out what was going on. My maths needs work, and today I am the gym idiot.

lol bro I did the same shit... I was doing bent over barbell rows the other day, wasnt paying attention, after warm up set:

put a 45 and 35 on one side,,, and forgot to put it on the other side so i had a 45 and 35 on one side and a 45 and a 10 on the other...

did 5x5 of this thinking there was something wrong with my left arm... tons of people in the gym no one said shit lol

Gym I used tonight has two of these side by side in one corner:

cable%20machine.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was doing chins on one and a guy was training his girlfriend to train arms on the other. What blew my mind was when he wanted to have her superset bicep curls with tricep pushdowns. Instead of having her move to the other weight stack on the same cable machine, he had her move to the other cable machine that I was doing my chins on....

I couldn't believe this was real life - but then I noticed she had a pretty nice ass and so stopped complaining. Clearly he was trying to invite to a threesome later. I decided to decline though because in my book, a threesome of guy, guy, girl is = to gay, gay, slut and the girlfriend wasn't hot enough for me to get over that.

Gym I used tonight has two of these side by side in one corner:

cable%20machine.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was doing chins on one and a guy was training his girlfriend to train arms on the other. What blew my mind was when he wanted to have her superset bicep curls with tricep pushdowns. Instead of having her move to the other weight stack on the same cable machine, he had her move to the other cable machine that I was doing my chins on....

I couldn't believe this was real life - but then I noticed she had a pretty nice ass and so stopped complaining. Clearly he was trying to invite to a threesome later. I decided to decline though because in my book, a threesome of guy, guy, girl is = to gay, gay, slut and the girlfriend wasn't hot enough for me to get over that.

The dreaded Devil's threesome. The trick is not to make eye contact with the other dude, and no crossing of swords....or so I've heard anyway

[YT]cjNPpw7MXvM[/YT]

For those in the know rehab wise do these 1/4 squats help with the knee rehabilitation?

Bah fuck gyms. Last few times i went to one, lots of idiots staring at me while i was doing heavy deadlifts, full squats and presses. Oh you will fuck up your back, your knees, that is too heavy, you must be using steroids.... lol

Bought a barbell and a few plates and now i train at home: front squats, press, hang power cleans and deadlifts. I'm fitter and stronger since ever. But i need to buy a squat rack, i'm now in a point that i'm having trouble cleaning the bar before doing front squats. And i miss doing back squats, you can go much heavier. :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back