Gym Idiots V12

Bah fuck gyms. Last few times i went to one, lots of idiots staring at me while i was doing heavy deadlifts, full squats and presses. Oh you will fuck up your back, your knees, that is too heavy, you must be using steroids.... lol

Bought a barbell and a few plates and now i train at home: front squats, press, hang power cleans and deadlifts. I'm fitter and stronger since ever. But i need to buy a squat rack, i'm now in a point that i'm having trouble cleaning the bar before doing front squats. And i miss doing back squats, you can go much heavier. :wink:

Welcome brother. Squat rack definitely. I got a rack and then got a engineer friend to make a bar long enough to fit the weight I got on it and on the rack, the bar weighs 10 kilo on its own :)

Bah fuck gyms. Last few times i went to one, lots of idiots staring at me while i was doing heavy deadlifts, full squats and presses. Oh you will fuck up your back, your knees, that is too heavy, you must be using steroids.... lol

Bought a barbell and a few plates and now i train at home: front squats, press, hang power cleans and deadlifts. I'm fitter and stronger since ever. But i need to buy a squat rack, i'm now in a point that i'm having trouble cleaning the bar before doing front squats. And i miss doing back squats, you can go much heavier. :wink:

Instead of a full squat rack, you can get a squat stand for super cheap and it doesn't take up as much space either.

188536_ts.jpg

For those in the know rehab wise do these 1/4 squats help with the knee rehabilitation?

Not with anything like that kind of load. In a physiotherapy setting, partial squats may have some merit for addressing specific issues, although the exact issues I couldn't say.

For example, if someone needs to specifically strengthen the Vastus Medialis (Ie. the knee extensor on the inside of the knee, AKA the tear drop) relative to the Vastus Lateralis (Ie. the knee extensor on the outside of the knee) to improve patellar tracking, a partial squat would emphasize the Vastus Medialis.

Although rather than adding load with a bar, you'd do it with a band pulling the knee forward, and it'd end up just being some kind of Terminal Knee Extension (TKE).

The dreaded Devil's threesome. The trick is not to make eye contact with the other dude, and no crossing of swords....or so I've heard anyway

I got tricked into one of those once by a friend of mine, weird thing is a week later they tried to set me up with her sister.

The dude that skips leg day, every gym has one.

I got tricked into one of those once by a friend of mine, weird thing is a week later they tried to set me up with her sister.

How is this possibly something you get tricked into?

"Wait, why are you getting naked too? I thought you were going to leave the bedroom while I banged your girlfriend? Aw well"

Yep that 's exactly what I need + a bench.

Just make sure to buy solid squat stands with heavy, wide, bottoms. You don't want them to be wobbling all over the place when you're trying to rack and heavy squat.

How is this possibly something you get tricked into?

"Wait, why are you getting naked too? I thought you were going to leave the bedroom while I banged your girlfriend? Aw well"

Yeah, thats actually how it went. Invites me over to drink thinking it was a kickback, and when I get there its just him and his gf. I didn't think too much of it, shes actually fun to be around (as you know now). We all start drinking and soon were buzzing pretty good.

This is when they start bickering and I'm just sitting there thinking "oh god not again", and then my friend goes to the kitchen to get some food. Meanwhile his gf is sitting next to me and starts saying weird shit about me banging her in which she straddles me and starts kissing me. I yell out to my friend and he looks out the kitchen door and says "its okay dude go ahead"

So then I figure what the hell and proceed to this abomination of a Friday night. She grabs my dick and takes me to their room in which we begin to do the deed. Minutes later my friend walks in and starts undressing too, in which I'm like "wtf its a threeway?" in which he says, "uh yeah wtf did you think it was" and I figured well I'm already here and went along with it, mostly because I couldn't drive home.

Then I get invited to go rafting with them a week later in which they introduce me to the sister and we got along pretty well. We end up going on a couple of dates which was really awkward knowing what happened.

Was the sword fighting anything like Montoya vs the man in black

I was in Hawaii in a crappy resort gym. A guy came in dressed in a sleeveless karate style gi. The gi was covered in patches. Embroidered black belt. Dude had a horrible hair dye job and the weirdest swoopy haircut. He was wearing aviator sun glasses.
Anyway, he walked in and set up his own little stereo system and started playing his own music rather loudly. Horrible, crappy 70's hits kind of tunes. "These boots were made for walking" was one of the songs. He started doing kata in front of the elliptical machines. Then he would stretch some, and then he'd do some dumb bell curls using the incline bench. He walked up to me and told me I looked like James Bond. Then he walked over to a girl on a treadmill and told her she looked latino and tried to flirt with her. I left the gym at that point.
This guy turned out to be Dr. Robert Rey, this guy:
http://www.drrobertrey.com/

Just a weird, weird dude. Truth is stranger than fiction. What a freak. He was there the next day also. I wanted to ask to get my picture with him but didn't man up. After that I saw him in the elevator across from me once. Then never saw him again.

Instead of a full squat rack, you can get a squat stand for super cheap and it doesn't take up as much space either.

188536_ts.jpg

If you have the space and the money I'd say just get a power rack. Almost any exercise worth doing can be done in a power rack, they're incredibly versatile. Those squat stands might be ok for squatting if you're good at dumping the bar safely behind you, but what if you want to start benching? You'll be risking your life doing that without a spotter.

Not with anything like that kind of load. In a physiotherapy setting, partial squats may have some merit for addressing specific issues, although the exact issues I couldn't say.

For example, if someone needs to specifically strengthen the Vastus Medialis (Ie. the knee extensor on the inside of the knee, AKA the tear drop) relative to the Vastus Lateralis (Ie. the knee extensor on the outside of the knee) to improve patellar tracking, a partial squat would emphasize the Vastus Medialis.

Although rather than adding load with a bar, you'd do it with a band pulling the knee forward, and it'd end up just being some kind of Terminal Knee Extension (TKE).

Hey, Tosa. Can you explain why the partial squat can emphasize training the VM, over the VL? Is there a firing order when it comes to bilateral knee extension in partial squats/squats?

Back