Gym Wall Color

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Probably not the correct section to post this but I am posting it here because its probably the only place I will get some worthwhile responses, also most guys in here are familiar with my home gym already. Anyways.........

I have added alot of lighting to my gym and its still quite dark. I think this is because of the black walls, also when me and my buddy do videos anything thats black disappears into the background, so that would be black pads, black shorts or shirt, and my buddy because hes black lol.

So I am looking for a suggestion as to what color to paint the walls to fix this problem? The mats are red so I need some kinda color that would go well with red, also I would like to try and use some sort of color combo that would be somewhat of a trademark to set us apart, similar to how now lomachenko is associated with blue/yellow.

So whats your guys suggestions?

Can’t go wrong with white. Nice gym though.

Also amazing how you are hitting floating pads. It’s like magic

Try using a different kind of camouflage, it might look a little weird, but if you find the right one then you it will look a little more aesthetic.

Or you could just put red or maybe blue and just have people not wear red or blue.

Light green. It is a calming colour and looks modern and progressive.

Can’t go wrong with white. Nice gym though.

Also amazing how you are hitting floating pads. It’s like magic

i think white will reflect the light too much and be too bright. Also I wanna go for something that stands out, like how black/orange is sitsongpeenong

Light green. It is a calming colour and looks modern and progressive.

i think green would work well as you said, im just not a fan of it!!! hahah green and red looks nice together but maybe like xmas colors too haha.

Maybe you could install a green screen and get the guy holding the pads to wear a green morphsuit then you could really have floating pads..........with a little bit of software

I would go for white and use a silk emulsion paint, lighting is key but the black is definitely not helping.

What is your lighting setup like?

Concrete look. Or just grey but use a satin finish paint (or maybe even a semi-gloss) that will help with the lighting and make it brigther. If you're thinking about having something like a trademark look then you can do flat/glossy stripes, that looks cool.

1841cde3a95b56c16fa0f002aad9b5df.jpg

05-concrete-walls-give-this-bathroom-a-modern-and-a-bit-industrial-look.jpg

Last edited:
Concrete look. Or just grey but use a satin finish paint (or maybe even a semi-gloss) that will help with the lighting and make it brigther. If you're thinking about having something like a trademark look then you can do flat/glossy stripes, that looks cool.

Nice. I think both would work well for an intake area and/or lavatory because either contrasted with a church-of-pain, rusted white for the training portion could be zone-putting.

See if you fancy brick mock-ups too, shin. With the red floor overlay, you could do a charcoal, broken brick effect – its raised texture would pop more in film, I reckon. Would look sweet and drive home the CT Fletcher, dungeon headspace.

Maybe you could install a green screen and get the guy holding the pads to wear a green morphsuit then you could really have floating pads..........with a little bit of software

I would go for white and use a silk emulsion paint, lighting is key but the black is definitely not helping.

What is your lighting setup like?

one of these

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tough-4-Ft-Led-Shop-Light-3200-Lm/530815091

and a shitload of these , i think these were just a waste of money i dont know why i didnt think to just get more "garage" lights, the 4ft flourescent ones. would have been cheaper and provide better lighting. I probably will buy 2 more of the lights above, that may just solve the problem.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bayco-SL-300-8-5-Inch-Clamp-Light-with-Aluminum-Reflector/14003467

one of these

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tough-4-Ft-Led-Shop-Light-3200-Lm/530815091

and a shitload of these , i think these were just a waste of money i dont know why i didnt think to just get more "garage" lights, the 4ft flourescent ones. would have been cheaper and provide better lighting. I probably will buy 2 more of the lights above, that may just solve the problem.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bayco-SL-300-8-5-Inch-Clamp-Light-with-Aluminum-Reflector/14003467

Measure the gym size, length, width and height. I will do some calculations for you and tell you if you are reaching the lux levels required and I will pm over some additional types of lighting for when you do your vids.

Nice. I think both would work well for an intake area and/or lavatory because either contrasted with a church-of-pain, rusted white for the training portion could be zone-putting.

See if you fancy brick mock-ups too, shin. With the red floor overlay, you could do a charcoal, broken brick effect – its raised texture would pop more in film, I reckon. Would look sweet and drive home the CT Fletcher, dungeon headspace.

I like you guys suggestions and I was actually thinking of grey myself, but were talking about stuff I dont know anything about. The only thing I know about painting is the color! lol. I dont know anything about gloss, semi gloss, satin, flat, glossy, etc.

I suppose a light grey is almost an off white in a way. looks nice

remarkable-gym-floor-designs-in-pin-by-david-teo-on-layout-pinterest.jpg

Measure the gym size, length, width and height. I will do some calculations for you and tell you if you are reaching the lux levels required and I will pm over some additional types of lighting for when you do your vids.

awesome man, thank you, give me a moment and ill get those to you.

I like you guys suggestions and I was actually thinking of grey myself, but were talking about stuff I dont know anything about. The only thing I know about painting is the color! lol. I dont know anything about gloss, semi gloss, satin, flat, glossy, etc.

I suppose a light grey is almost an off white in a way. looks nice

remarkable-gym-floor-designs-in-pin-by-david-teo-on-layout-pinterest.jpg
That grey looks nice, kinda like a shark color. It goes well with red too.

Flat paint is what you probably have at home, the most typical finish. Everything else is considered "glossy".
Satin finish has a light shine in it, it looks very nice and brightens the place.
Semi-gloss is a step beyond that. Depending of the color and area it can become quite shiny so make sure to make a small sample before painting the whole thing. You might hate it.
Gloss, don't even try it. It will blind you, your friend and every single viewer lol

That grey looks nice, kinda like a shark color. It goes well with red too.

Flat paint is what you probably have at home, the most typical finish. Everything else is considered "glossy".
Satin finish has a light shine in it, it looks very nice and brightens the place.
Semi-gloss is a step beyond that. Depending of the color and area it can become quite shiny so make sure to make a small sample before painting the whole thing. You might hate it.
Gloss, don't even try it. It will blind you, your friend and every single viewer lol

what finish do you think will work best for my application?

I am thinking satin may be my best bet?

Back