Gym Wall Color

thanks for your input man, i think i will go grey satin!
Awesome man! I'm glad I could help. Let me know when you are done, I'm curious to see how it will look.

A mural of yourself in a loincloth, broad axe in one hand, holding up a fanged skull with a war helmet still on it for all to witness

White walls with a colored stripe..... or 2 stripes etc
Or satin colored stripes, or satin white stripes etc

Grey and a bit of orange

funny that you say grey and orange because i wanted to use that color combo but didnt feel it would go good with my red mats. twins makes some cool orange and grey gloves. orange has kinda been my thing as a standout color, i primarily got it so no one confuses my gloves with someone elses at the gyms, everyone knows the orange ones are mine

I wouldn't go with white... Every mark on the wall will be very noticeable, in since your place is kinda small, you wont avoid making them.

For color combination, I suggest you just browse Thai shorts and see what you like. You know they have all kind of combination from crazy stuff to simple ones.

Red goes with a lot of stuff. From gold, to grey, or blue...

Learn also what each color does for the psych, since you'll spend time in there.
Green or light blue has usually calming effects, whereas red is the contrary...

Last edited:
I wouldn't go with white... Every mark on the wall will be very noticeable, in since your place is kinda small, you wont avoid making them.

For color combination, I suggest you just browse Thai shorts and see what you like. You know they have all kind of combination from crazy stuff to simple ones.

Learn also what each color does for the psych, since you'll spend time in there.

yeah exactly why i didnt go with blue i need to get hyped up not calm down in the gym. red does go with alot, but alot of the colors that look good with it are when red is the primary and the other is accent color. but for this situation, its kinda like 2 primary colors. The other thing I have to consider is that whatever color i choose, its going to be the background color, so its gotta be a light color, as if its another dark color, its going to kinda have the same effect as not reflecting light well. I decided to go with grey. the red grey combo was already on my mind as a branding color for my gym, and its sort of a combo between white and black in a way, and red and grey shorts look sick.

Probably not the correct section to post this but I am posting it here because its probably the only place I will get some worthwhile responses, also most guys in here are familiar with my home gym already. Anyways.........

I have added alot of lighting to my gym and its still quite dark. I think this is because of the black walls, also when me and my buddy do videos anything thats black disappears into the background, so that would be black pads, black shorts or shirt, and my buddy because hes black lol.

So I am looking for a suggestion as to what color to paint the walls to fix this problem? The mats are red so I need some kinda color that would go well with red, also I would like to try and use some sort of color combo that would be somewhat of a trademark to set us apart, similar to how now lomachenko is associated with blue/yellow.

So whats your guys suggestions?

use Avengers murals like this gym

The darker the walls, the smaller it will look (space/room).

My gym have light grey walls.

But dont forget the most important part of any gym. The smell!

Is should be a fine mix of tiger balm / liniment, mixed with sweat and too old sparring gear.

<datassdom>

My gym have light grey walls.

But dont forget the most important part of any gym. The smell!

Is should be a fine mix of tiger balm / liniment, mixed with sweat and too old sparring gear.

<datassdom>

post a pic man lets see how it looks.

White is a great colour, it shows all the blood of the fallen gym heroes.......

The ancient Chinese coupled red, and turquoise under their black lacquered armor. Red and turqouise are complementary colors as well, albeit Turquoise might stain easy.

damn too late i already bought grey, that would have looked nice and good branding color

damn too late i already bought grey, that would have looked nice and good branding color

You can still paint over part of it with orange or something, like split diagonally, etc.

Also dont worry about the mats being red-- You don't want to OVERmatch or else it will look like a new age coffeemom yoga studio, you just don't want it to clash. Orange and grey (or red and grey) work fine for the walls almost regardless of mat color, especially red which works with everything in a gym setting.

neon pink with unicorn decals

ill post some more pics when i finish and see what you guys think.

Back