Hahaha, this has to be a joke, right? ESPN pulls Asian Robert Lee due to name

Do you agree ESPN should've pulled Lee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/awkward-pelosis-father-once-dedicated-statue-robert-e-lee
Awkward: Pelosi's Father Once Dedicated Statue to Robert E. Lee

"We can look for inspiration to the lives of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson."
Not all that surprising because the Democrats were the party of the South and Baltimore was a Southern city with segregation and the whole nine yards. Nancy Pelosi grew up in segregated Baltimore going to all-white schools, segregated businesses, water fountains, etc.

the question i have, is what if this guy was white would you guys be just as concerned? or would some think it's reasonable....

this isn't much different than some of the college mascots to me. SDSU lost monty montezuma when i was there b/c 'it offended people'....who? didn't see alot of Aztecs chilling in SoCal.

Blacks and whites do drugs at the exact same rates, yet blacks are far more likely to be arrested, charged, convicted and given harsh sentences for the same crime.

You know that's misleading.

Drive through any city and pick out the obvious crackheads. Pick out the people smoking blunts you can smell 2 blocks away blasting loud music. Pick out attention-drawing behavior in general and you will start understanding why those statistics are what they are.

hemp could be legalized, ok, but still 90% of drugs are too dangerous to be so much easy to get. they will always be banned.

getting back to the thread... that's a mongo story

the question i have, is what if this guy was white would you guys be just as concerned? or would some think it's reasonable....

this isn't much different than some of the college mascots to me. SDSU lost monty montezuma when i was there b/c 'it offended people'....who? didn't see alot of Aztecs chilling in SoCal.

I love how the MEChA people are Aztec and Mayans at the same time.
I don't think any real Nahua Indian from Mexico cared about the San Diego mascot.

You know that's misleading.

Drive through any city and pick out the obvious crackheads. Pick out the people smoking blunts you can smell 2 blocks away blasting loud music. Pick out attention-drawing behavior in general and you will start understanding why those statistics are what they are.
I don't believe I misled anyone in this thread and I believe I explained what the current policy is, how it is unjust, and what corrective measures should be taken to help solve the problem. Feel free to disagree, but I believe people will look back and agree with me on this, just like we look back at prohibition.

If he was White then the Right wing media outlets would pick up on the story alot more, Fox news, Youtubers, etc. There would be more outrage if he was white, because right wingers would see it as straight up discrimination/racism since the confederate Robert Lee was white as well and had the same name. They would claim racism as well as claim that the left is being hyper sensitive and ridiculous.

Asian is the easiest as it flies under the radar, left wingers won't care so stations like CNN will ignore it. Fox News might mention it in passing but since its not a white guy they will not focus on it too much. This happening to an asian is ideal for ESPN, if he was Black theres no way they would remove him for having that name, if he was White they have to deal with the legion of right wing media. With an Asian though it turns into a light hearted story and funny joke/meme, it won't be taken seriously.

Also this is nothing like a mascot being changed, this is a real man and his real name that he was born with. Its not comparable.

Last edited:
Back