Hall vs Penn

esteven

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Well, he waited for a big name. Seems like he got it. Merry Christmas to me.

Hopefully bj's ego will give us a nice ground battle for once. He probably knows he can keep it standing all night and box the shit out of Ryan.
But bj being a warrior will most likely make him take Hall down and try to prove his jiu jitsu is still strong enough to hang.

Like I said it in the other thread, we might see Hall Karate BJ...

Hope it goes to the ground. Bj’s passing vs halls guard would be nice to see

I'm hoping for a 50/50 stall for 15 minutes, and Dana completely loses his shit.

Lord, please let it be a grapple-centric affair. Watching Hall kick Penn in the face for 15 minutes would be too disturbing.

When was the last time bj grapple with anyone? He doesn’t want to grapple anymore...

I dint think Ryan could sub him, and I don’t think bj could sub Ryan either... Ryan is not taking bj down by the way... it will be a horrible striking match

When is this going to happen?
December.

Ryan-hall-vs-bj-penn.jpg

It's a confusing match, as Hall's reason for turning down matches is because they don't do anything for him in the limited amount of time he has. I mean, I'm glad they finally found a matchup Hall felt was worthwhile; I'm not sure if beating BJ will move him forward significantly in ranking, but maybe he'll get to cut further up in line before he quits doing MMA. Assuming he can actually beat Penn, of course.

It's a confusing match, as Hall's reason for turning down matches is because they don't do anything for him in the limited amount of time he has. I mean, I'm glad they finally found a matchup Hall felt was worthwhile; I'm not sure if beating BJ will move him forward significantly in ranking, but maybe he'll get to cut further up in line before he quits doing MMA. Assuming he can actually beat Penn, of course.

If he manages to sub penn that will be a first in MMA and should garner a lit if attention

I guess he just decided it would be a cool matchup. I’m not sure why he didn’t want to earn his chops just fighting. It’s been a while since he has fought. I don’t know if I agree with his reasoning.

That being said I am excited to finally see Hall fighting again.

I hope Hall loses. But I think he'll win.

This would be better as a Combat BJJ or submission only grappling event , not a UFC fight. Hall can't take BJ down, and BJ won't take Hall down. I expect very awkward striking match.

Back