Happy upbeat Ronda/Mom praising Gokor/Pre-Edmond...

Also note that she left the USADA testing pool after the Holm fight and came back for the Nunes fight looking slightly better physically than she had since Strikeforce (thankfully Nunes still demolished Ronda).
Dear mother of god...for something so easy to verify why would you spread misinformation?

Tested 3 times in Q4 of 2015.

Tested 2 times in Q1 of 2016.
Tested 0 times in Q2 of 2016.
Tested 2 times in Q3 of 2016.
Tested 5 times in Q4 of 2016.

https://ufc.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

So not getting tested in Q2 (but tested in every other quarter) is evidence of her removing herself from the testing pool? But hey, I'd gladly admit I'm wrong if you can provide a source that confirms she left the testing pool in 2016.

And she looks the same pre-USADA against Zingano and post-USADA against Holm:

Feb 2015:
maxresdefault.jpg

Nov 2015:
ronda-rousey-holly-holm-touch-gloves.jpg

Dear mother of god...for something so easy to verify why would you spread misinformation?

Tested 3 times in Q4 of 2015.

Tested 2 times in Q1 of 2016.
Tested 0 times in Q2 of 2016.
Tested 2 times in Q3 of 2016.
Tested 5 times in Q4 of 2016.

https://ufc.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

So not getting tested in Q2 (but tested in every other quarter) is evidence of her removing herself from the testing pool? But hey, I'd gladly admit I'm wrong if you can provide a source that confirms she left the testing pool in 2016.

And she looks the same pre-USADA against Zingano and post-USADA against Holm:

Feb 2015:
maxresdefault.jpg

Nov 2015:
ronda-rousey-holly-holm-touch-gloves.jpg
So what were the exact dates she was tested in 2016?

I can tell you, she went 8 months it being tested in 2016, I have the actually dates, not just the quarterly numbers which just say which three month period she was tested in

You're using 91 day long quarters as an attempt to disprove the facts?

Rousey was not tested for 8 months between the Holm and Nunes fights. She went from being one of the most tested fighters prior to the Holm fight, to suddenly not being tested for 8 months. Then her testing restarts almost 4 months to the day prior to the Nunes fight (4 months is the minimum required time in the testing pool). The day after the Nunes fight, she once again leaves the testing pool and has not been tested since. Her last test was 12-31-2016 (the Nunes fight was 12-30-2016, so her last test was probably just a post-fight test done after midnight) which was 76 weeks ago.

I and @dimspace have discussed it in other threads, so you're welcome to look those up. Also here's an article (that cite's Dim's work) about her long period without being tested after the Holm loss and prior to the Nunes fight:
https://www.lowkickmma.com/ronda-rousey-finally-gets-tested-by-usada/

But hey, you do you and go ahead and avoid the actual facts and go by your infallible "eye test". (BTW, I don't think Ronda stopped/started any supplement program in connection with just USADA, I think it started prior to that when NSAC and others started to do a little more testing - and of course being able to leave the pool without having to announce it, is a great benefit for those few that the UFC allows to do that).
If @dimspace can provide me the dates for when she was tested (I've been unsuccessful finding them online) then I have no problem disputing that there was a gap in her testing, but you're jumping to a conclusion that the gap existed because Rousey wanted to cycle PEDs (and you might want to be careful making unsubstantiated accusations of a fighter using PEDs) when in all likelihood the explanation might be as simple as she was planning on retiring (and who would want to go through the 24-hour whereabouts/testing if they were retiring?). And Rousey looked the same when she fought McMann (Pre-NSAC random testing) to when she fought Davis (Post-NSAC random testing); and congratulations on moving the goal post, given that you specifically referred to her change in appearance "BEFORE and AFTER USADA", not before and after NSAC started random testing.

Additionally, your criticism of me using the "eye test" is laughably contradictory considering you used it in your original comment:
Notice what she looked like BEFORE and AFTER USADA. Night and day difference from the last couple years in the UFC.
---
So what were the exact dates she was tested in 2016?

I can tell you, she went 8 months it being tested in 2016, I have the actually dates, not just the quarterly numbers which just say which three month period she was tested in
Could you please link me the dates?

I don't know what year that interview is from but didn't she fought at featherweight while in Stirkeforce? If she was fighting in a higher weight class it makes sense she would do more weight liftwing and have more muscle mass than after she moved down to BW.

I don't know what year that interview is from but didn't she fought at featherweight while in Stirkeforce? If she was fighting in a higher weight class it makes sense she would do more weight liftwing and have more muscle mass than after she moved down to BW.

This is around 2011 or 2012.

If @dimspace can provide me the dates for when she was tested (I've been unsuccessful finding them online) then I have no problem disputing that there was a gap in her testing, but you're jumping to a conclusion that the gap existed because Rousey wanted to cycle PEDs (and you might want to be careful making unsubstantiated accusations of a fighter using PEDs) when in all likelihood the explanation might be as simple as she was planning on retiring (and who would want to go through the 24-hour whereabouts/testing if they were retiring?). And Rousey looked the same when she fought McMann (Pre-NSAC random testing) to when she fought Davis (Post-NSAC random testing); and congratulations on moving the goal post, given that you specifically referred to her change in appearance "BEFORE and AFTER USADA", not before and after NSAC started random testing.

Additionally, your criticism of me using the "eye test" is laughably contradictory considering you used it in your original comment:

---

Could you please link me the dates?

USADA update their testing numbers weekly. so by logging/extracting the numbers each week you can calculate who has been tested in that seven day period.

Ive been doing that since the start of the USADA program.

you can find everything (and more) in a spreadsheet here (open document format)

https://dimspace.hostiso.host/index.php/s/SQXpXD4NAMmDJzk

(the 2018-q2 sheet is the current one)

Ronda's testing in 2016

Early feb, 2 samples in 1 week (so blood/urine in single visit)
First week in september, 2 samples
Second week in October, 2 samples
first week in december, 2 samples
fight week, 1 sample

so yes, an 8 month gap, and returned slap bang on the four month mark which was the usada requirement for athletes returning to the testing pool

fwiw, it wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if ronda was gimmicked. her weight would balloon between fights but she would always look great at weigh-ins but the Holm fight she looked absolutely awful at the weigh-in. The other noticable thing was that her confidence, her aura, was shot. A lot of ped use is mental, and when they are taken away, questioning your own abilities starts to take hold (dont underestimate the mental edge with ped's). Then, she vanishes from teh testing pool and then suddenly re-appears four months to the day before the nunes fight and came back ripped as fuck. I literally had media texting me from weigh-ins asking when was she last tested. The usual line from Ronda/Fans is that she was tested for years as a Judoka. But if you go back and look at usada data for those years, it was pretty infrequent.. 2-3 times a year, a little more in olympic years. and the vast majority of that was in comp. (besides, if you are in the olympic program you get the good stuff)

fwiw, it wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if ronda was gimmicked. her weight would balloon between fights but she would always look great at weigh-ins but the Holm fight she looked absolutely awful at the weigh-in. The other noticable thing was that her confidence, her aura, was shot. A lot of ped use is mental, and when they are taken away, questioning your own abilities starts to take hold (dont underestimate the mental edge with ped's). Then, she vanishes from teh testing pool and then suddenly re-appears four months to the day before the nunes fight and came back ripped as fuck. I literally had media texting me from weigh-ins asking when was she last tested. The usual line from Ronda/Fans is that she was tested for years as a Judoka. But if you go back and look at usada data for those years, it was pretty infrequent.. 2-3 times a year, a little more in olympic years. and the vast majority of that was in comp. (besides, if you are in the olympic program you get the good stuff)
Thank you for the link, and I retract my previous statement on that particular point (though I'll leave the original post untouched because I don't mind being proven wrong).

And just in case anyone might get the wrong impression, I've never been a fan of Rousey, but she's never tested positive for PEDs and speculating on it just because her weight fluctuates is hardly enough to convince me otherwise.

Rousey's ego has historically been fragile, and Edmond/Hollywood/Media inflated it beyond comparison. The performance and subsequent fallout is what I would expect given those circumstances.

Well, maybe if she had a history of explosive rage against people over trivial things and a history of/fascination with violence against the opposite sex.

I know people dont care about the WWE thing, but it sounds like her gimmick there is a return to her grappling roots. Kurt Angle has been telling her to focus on that strength, which is what everyone in MMA (except Edward) was telling her from 2012 on. She is an Olympic level grappler and a Glass Joe level boxer who got talked into believing she was a Mayweather level boxer

I dont watch WWE, but this is what I'm hearing about her act there.

Back