Hardrock 100

@Sir GymTanLaundry can't fire me bro im a superstar on his way to team leader status
<DC-Champ>

pfft, running.
knees are shot, I can barely run to the bathroom or the fridge.
thank god I can still cycle though.
Better get a catheter old man.
I have a friend/associate doing badwater. If i were ever to do a 100 miler or more it would have to be something like western states. The altittude at hardrock would ruin me. I think badwater is more about handling the heat as much as it is a footrace.

Running in a place that’s so hot your shoes will melt if you don’t run on the white line? No thanks!

I have only gone as far as a 50K in a trail race. If I were to do a 50 miler I would do this one - http://sob5050.com/

View from one of the trails
0edb7aa8ca0cd3b32f0af47560519af1.jpg

I know those trails well and have done a few trail races on them. A couple years ago a few friends and I did the first half of the 50 miler before this was an event. It starts at a camping area and about 2 miles from about half way point where you turn around and go up a big ass hill in the race you can take a road down to the beach. We went to the beach. If this race had a 25 miler and stopped at that point I would do it. Going up that big ass hill after 25 miles would be brutal. But I would guess overall it would be an easier 50 miler than most.

Lois like a beautiful spot. If I remember correctly that’s on the west coast? Only races I’ve done out there are marathons in LA and SLO.

Course records for the Hardrock are held by Kilian Jornet. Clockwise 22 hours and change and counterclockwise 23 hours and change. Pretty insane.

There’s live tracking of the runners via GPS available, we’ll see how reliable it is in the San Juan’s.

There’s also a live stream of the HAM radio comms lol. You’re a pretty hardcore fan if your following that shit.

Almost 12 hours in. French dude Xavier is in the lead. Probably about 12 hours more to race until we get a winner.

Still pulling for Troy Howard.

Jeff Browning gonna won this shit. French dude got disqualified because he took aide while not at an aide station. Rough.

Trying to get that live feed of the finish line. Just won’t load....

Jeff Browning for the win in 26 hours and 20 minutes.

<{dayum}>
UROY-men8.jpg

I feel sorry for the Badwater runners this year. We are in a heatwave and conditions have to be absolutely brutal for them. It is going to be 80% staying cool and 20% or so who can run. I think it is silly they run it in July. I can see the appeal of running from the lowest point in the 48 states to the high point (well portal to the high point). But why in July?

Back