Harley Davidson closes plant after Trump tax cuts, Shareholders got paid, which should trickle down.

44nutman

The Original Nut of Sherdog
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/harley-davidson-closes-kansas-plant

I am glad Trump is keeping American jobs in America.
Those 800 American workers that lost their jobs, should be happy with their 20 bucks a month tax cuts, and just wait around for the 1% to trickle down some money.
The businesses and 1% needed those tax cuts, so they can afford to be competitive and keep American jobs in America.
Oops or maybe they are going to take the money and run, all while once again, the GOP tax policy fucks the middle class. Less jobs, less revenue and an ever expanding deficit.
Rubes got conned again.

Harley has been struggling for several years, there are several articles that corrected this bullshit when business insider ran this or a similar one several weeks ago

Harley has been struggling for several years, there are several articles that corrected this bullshit when business insider ran this or a similar one several weeks ago
Nu uh
Trump

You don’t understand

lol at Harley Davidson. I hope all the riders disappear too.

So...if a company spends money on investment that it was already going to spend, Trump gets credit. But if a company closes plants that it was already going to close, he doesn't get blame.

Positive trends before Trump don't matter when assessing current events. but negative trends before Trump do matter.

I can't keep up these days.

Then why not invest back in the company instead of paying shareholders.
I get companies close down, but the cash grab and moving the plant is the disgusting part.
Also I thought the tax cuts were supposed to keep companies in America, but a lot of companies are leaving and paying less in taxes.
We added 2 trillion to the debt since Trump took office. It is only going to get worse because we have less revenue.
The GOP no longer cares about the deficit, just enriching their donors.

Harley was about to close either their York, PA or Kansas plant some years ago, but York petitioned pretty hard to keep it open. Plus York has some history with Harley.

So...if a company spends money on investment that it was already going to spend, Trump gets credit. But if a company closes plants that it was already going to close, he doesn't get blame.

Positive trends before Trump don't matter when assessing current events. but negative trends before Trump do matter.

It's simple. If it's good, Trump did it, and if it's bad, it was liberals/Hillary/Democrats/Obama.

Easy peasy.

It's simple. If it's good, Trump did it, and if it's bad, it was liberals/Hillary/Democrats/Obama.

Easy peasy.

I’m pretty sure it’s the opposite of that.

If trump does anything....it’s bad, of it happens to be good and fit the liberal agenda...trump has nothing to do with it and it was going to happen anyways.

looks like you are keeping up just fine

Then why not invest back in the company instead of paying shareholders.
I get companies close down, but the cash grab and moving the plant is the disgusting part.
Also I thought the tax cuts were supposed to keep companies in America, but a lot of companies are leaving and paying less in taxes.
We added 2 trillion to the debt since Trump took office. It is only going to get worse because we have less revenue.
The GOP no longer cares about the deficit, just enriching their donors.
They relocated most the workers, closing the facility makes sense when sales are dropping like a rock.

As far as the shareholders maybe their trying to keep them from dumping stock, IDK. I do know their stock has been tanking for some time.

This has nothing to do with the GOP if you’ve pivoted from trump

Nu uh
Trump

You don’t understand

The entire Cruiser market has been contracting sharply for years now, and Harley is feeling it the most. It’s extremely noticeable in the Japanese bike market, so Harley is really suffering and this is nothing new, nor anything unforeseen in the industry (and heaven help you if you were an after-market or accessory company, which was booming all through the first decade of 2000).

Harley employees better have gotten sone boot straps along with those pink slips.

Back