Harley Davidson closes plant after Trump tax cuts, Shareholders got paid, which should trickle down.

HD is cutting because the weekend warriors and yuppies are not buying anymore. They are and have been selling their bikes cor a while now. So there is a glut of low millage used HD's out there. Great for bikers that were around before the craze and are still around.

This was not unexpected by anyone that has been around bikes for a good while.

You mean Baby Boomers are selling their bikes because they are too old and Harley hasn't managed to build an equivalent following in the younger generations...

With those tax cuts, Harley Davidson can use that money to develop electric choppers. Now 1%ers and men going through mid-life crisis can be environmentally savvy. Of course these great new bikes should be made in Cambodia. All those children need jobs.

You mean Baby Boomers are selling their bikes because they are too old and Harley hasn't managed to build an equivalent following in the younger generations...

Those people that rode before the "be a bike" craze are still riding and knew when it started it was going to end.

What is too old to ride? That doesn't seem possible .

Some lucky people got a ONE TIME bonus of $1000 after spending 20 years working for a company. Lulz

$50 a year Lulz

Those people that rode before the "be a bike" craze are still riding and knew when it started it was going to end.

What is too old to ride? That doesn't seem possible .

The current HD is a marketing success story. If they didn't transform themselves into a "lifestyle brand" selling that brand name and marketing intangibles to consumers that think they are purchasing an identity, they wouldn't have survived the 80s. Harley riders would have been confined to a dwindling and ever more expensive set of actual antiques rather than modern faux antiques.
I know plenty of passionate bike riders that have continued riding well into their retirement, although I don't think I know any older than in their 70s. Doesn't change the fact that a lot of riders stop riding as they get older though. Especially casual riders aka "weekend warriors". Living increasingly sedentary lifestyles.
Much like there's a large number of guys that quit in their 20s-30s and became "Born Again Bikers" in their 50s, only to discover their rusty skills can't handle the modern machinery (or even a Harley), crash and quit again.

Trump is going to drive gas prices to record highs this summer to boost Harley sales to MAGA.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/harley-davidson-closes-kansas-plant

I am glad Trump is keeping American jobs in America.
Those 800 American workers that lost their jobs, should be happy with their 20 bucks a month tax cuts, and just wait around for the 1% to trickle down some money.
The businesses and 1% needed those tax cuts, so they can afford to be competitive and keep American jobs in America.
Oops or maybe they are going to take the money and run, all while once again, the GOP tax policy fucks the middle class. Less jobs, less revenue and an ever expanding deficit.
Rubes got conned again.

LOL nothing you are crying about is related.

Let me follow your argument. HD closed. People lost jobs. The money from tax cuts is not enough.
THIS IS YOUR ARGUMENT?????

Um, 1) how did Trump cause this to happen 2) How is the tax plan at fault for the shut down 3) why is $20 extra from tax cuts not a good thing? Why would $0 be better?

Like you know how intelligent you look right now? It is fucking laughable.

Please respond to me with more tears in your eyes for people you don't give a fuck about. Please.

Did you PERSONALLY BLAME OBAMA FOR EVERY BUSINESS FAILING FROM 2008-2016?
Why do I think the answer is no?
Why do I think your opinion is a joke?
Why am I praying you are just fucking trolling us?

Also, what Trump did with tax cuts was done 4 other times. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME THE GOV GOT MORE TAX REVENUE AND PEOPLE PROSPERED.

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME.

Reagan did it, JFK did it, two old timers did it.

SAME RESULTS EVERY TIME AND EVER DECADE IT WAS TRIED IN.

You don't understand business or economics at all. You don't understand if you tax rich folks they will invest in tax free securities and etc
VS
low taxes where they put the money into play creating products and jobs.

Last edited:
Harley Davidson. Yesterday's technology at tomorrow's prices.

This has always been my view of H-D bikes. I get that some people like the style, the sound, the imagery, whatever. But that's all they offer; they have never been functionally good bikes. And ungodly expensive too.

Never should have scrapped the V-Rod.

This has always been my view of H-D bikes. I get that some people like the style, the sound, the imagery, whatever. But that's all they offer; they have never been functionally good bikes. And ungodly expensive too.
That was true for the amf years and a bit after. They turned things around in the early 90's.

Never should have scrapped the V-Rod.

Closest thing to a rideable Harley I've seen were Buells and the XR1200.
Nightrods were selling pretty well here until last year, when their sales fell off a cliff (considerably more than most of the Harley models declined, -65.6%).

That was true for the amf years and a bit after. They turned things around in the early 90's.

That was when I stopped following what was happening in the bike world, so maybe they did turn it around since then.

I've ridden for 25 years. Had 1 Harley and hated it. Fucking thing was never running right.

Actually, i don't ride anymore. Sold my bikes 2 years ago when I had a kid. I was one of those 40+ guys on a 1000cc crotch rocket going along at 65mph telling the young whipper snappers to take it easy on the throttle.

Harley Davidson has failed because they can't keep up with the the coolness that is the new trike motorcycle

lol at Harley Davidson. I hope all the riders disappear too.
Nothing in the the world says shitty, underworked, overpaid, unappreciative, uncultured, unaware American baby boomer suburbanite like Harley Davidson.

All the little boys who grew up playing cowboys and Indians never grew up and never stopped playing cowboys and Indians.

Harley Davidson has failed because they can't keep up with the the coolness that is the new trike motorcycle

Hah! I'll be interested to try the new Yamaha Niken, but I doubt they are going to be a huge seller. Hopefully they are better than the Can-am Spyder and other non-leaning trikes though.

img.jpg

I've ridden for 25 years. Had 1 Harley and hated it. Fucking thing was never running right.

Actually, i don't ride anymore. Sold my bikes 2 years ago when I had a kid. I was one of those 40+ guys on a 1000cc crotch rocket going along at 65mph telling the young whipper snappers to take it easy on the throttle.
Just out of curiosity what HD did you have and what problems did it give you? My bikes have never given me issues outside of regular maintenance, replacing things that eventually need replacing. And of course, my stupidity.

Hah! I'll be interested to try the new Yamaha Niken, but I doubt they are going to be a huge seller. Hopefully they are better than the Can-am Spyder and other non-leaning trikes though.

img.jpg
OK. You can see yourself out now.

OK. You can see yourself out now.

Well, trikes aren't motorcycles, but I don't have a problem with them.
Never really saw the benefit over a quad, but if they lean that might make them more interesting.

Back