Harley Davidson makes its move...

I know, but the fact that he even tweets this kind of stuff and thinks its normal for a president to threatened a private company is worrying. And so many of the people on his party are keeping it quite, while they would have gone nuts of a Dem acted this way

I completely agree. Shows how much he cares about these american companies. He'd rather see them fail than move some production out of the US. If they are profitable, they employ more people domestically whether some of their production is overseas or not. Trump himself manufactures tons of products overseas. I guess he thinks it's only ok if he personally profits.

I know they used to give Harleys to TUF winners but Tapout/Affliction fans had kind of died down by the time that deal went through. They've got a more mainstream audience now and i don't think even Tapout douches were Harley riders target demographic. Just didn't seem like a fit over a beer or spirit company.
Definitely not a question of enticing Tapout douches, with that I agree. But overall there's enough of an overlap between UFC fans and people who would consider buying a Harley.

The way I look at it is the UFC gets a lot of mileage out of selling male power fantasies and that's always been Harley's entire business model. And with the UFC branching out to more fans, they reach the over 35y demographic (Harley's main target).

Definitely not as good as a beer company (match made in heaven right there), but still something that made sense when I heard it.

Harley can't win. I love it. This is is what Trump is doing to em. "Now youse can't leave." To all you bikers. Hope this happens to you and Harley Davidson the company:

Harley announced this longer ago than you think. Before the tariffs. They're just trying to play CYA and place "blame" for their long-ago planned move. Also, they already have production facilities in several other countries.

But carry on, I guess.

How can we convince these Harley owners to blow up their bikes like the NRA nuts did with their Yeti coolers?

Harley announced this longer ago than you think. Before the tariffs. They're just trying to play CYA and place "blame" for their long-ago planned move. Also, they already have production facilities in several other countries.

But carry on, I guess.

It looks like this is in addition to that move. That was about them opening up a new plant and closing down a US plant. From what I can tell, this latest filing isn’t about opening up new plants, but more about how the company will be changing logistically. I.e before bikes bound for the EU might have been built in the US and abroad- including their recently announced Thailand plant. Now, all EU bound bikes will be manufactured outside of the US.

Yeah those were piss poor examples of good looking Indian bikes:
MainImage

Only 1 was an Indian - I was comparing their top of the line touring bike to Harley's.

But, yes that Chief is a pretty bike.

Could be. Trade wars tend to hurt everyone involved and provide no benefits. One would think right-wing libertarians would be screaming from the mountaintops about this one, but I haven't seen it.
Actually, I think you will find that the leading modern economic theorists have shown you are wrong. It's pretty clear that "Trade wars are good and easy to win".

I wonder what the Hells Angeles have to say about all of this

If Harley want to sell in other countries and have to build factory there, they will employ people in that country. If Harley still want to sell in USA they will have to build factory here and employ people here.

Why buy a harley when I can get this Hyosung that looks just like a Harley, with warped rotors and a poorly attached cushion for 4000?

Yall really want one of those big ass bikes to be made with chinese metal?

Kickstands aint gon be worth a shit...

Fat folks are going to have to lose weight or mod the shit.

I thought Hyosung was Korean.

I wonder what the Hells Angeles have to say about all of this

Might be their chance to go Japanese/other. Barger himself has said he regretted the HD stipulation in their rules.

All stock gains from 2018 were wiped out in a matter of weeks. Harley-Davidson forced to move part of its production outside the country, and now the largest American nail maker is collapsing. The irony is that Chinese competitors are benefiting from a flood of new customers.

Trade wars are easy to win eh? Tired of winning yet? Don't you miss the old times when Trump only bankrupted his own business?

The first casualties of President Trump’s trade war are 60 workers at Mid-Continent Nail, America’s largest nail manufacturer. They lost their jobs on June 15 at a factory in a part of Missouri that voted overwhelmingly for Trump. The whole company could be out of business by Labor Day. Mid-Continent Nail blames the layoffs on Trump’s tariffs, and the company says all 500 employees could lose their jobs by Labor Day. The next round of cuts could come in a matter of days.

The trouble for the company started at the end of May when Trump put a hefty 25 percent tariff on steel imports from Mexico and Canada. Mid-Continent had been importing steel from Mexico that American workers would then turn into nails. After the tariff, the company was forced to hike its prices, and customers fled. Orders are a mere 30 percent of what they were a year ago, said George Skarich, the vice president of sales. He suspects many customers are now buying Chinese nails.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/markets/the-first-layoffs-from-trump’s-tariffs-are-here/ar-AAzbxEF?li=AAggFp5&ocid=DELLDHP17

Last edited:
Youre right op, we should not even confront unfair trade balances and practices with other countries. Too risky. Much easier to just bend over and take.

Youre right op, we should not even confront unfair trade balances and practices with other countries. Too risky. Much easier to just bend over and take.
Wreck your own factories with sky high cost so Chinese competitors get more customers, while starting a trade war with major allies at the same time. My feeble human mind cannot comprehend that 4D chess strategy.

DUZ0iG4U0AAB_-B.jpg

Wreck your own factories with sky high cost so Chinese competitors get more customers, while starting a trade war with major allies at the same time. My feeble human mind cannot comprehend that 4D chess strategy.

DUZ0iG4U0AAB_-B.jpg

Bend over and take it in other words.

US should just knock off the Chinese knock offs, thats the real 4D chess play

Back