Harley Davidson makes its move...

US should just knock off the Chinese knock offs, thats the real 4D chess play

Maybe , by participating in so much 4D chess, we can bring the 4 D chess piece manufacturing back to the US?
Winning!

Wreck your own factories with sky high cost so Chinese competitors get more customers, while starting a trade war with major allies at the same time. My feeble human mind cannot comprehend that 4D chess strategy.

DUZ0iG4U0AAB_-B.jpg
Here's an article from a year ago about Harley struggling.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/40...announces-u-s-layoffs-builds-factory-thailand
This is a trend that has been in progress for a while now, people are just using it as a weapon against Trump.

Notice how they had the same plan before the tariffs?

Here's an article from a year ago about Harley struggling.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/40...announces-u-s-layoffs-builds-factory-thailand
This is a trend that has been in progress for a while now, people are just using it as a weapon against Trump.

Notice how they had the same plan before the tariffs?

No they didn´t. This has been explained multiple times.

Yes they had planned to move some production to Thailand. Yes their sales are down in the US. However their sales in Europe are at an all time high and these tariffs would cost them 100 mill a year, hence further plans for moving even more production, some of it to Europe.

No they didn´t. This has been explained multiple times.

Yes they had planned to move some production to Thailand. Yes their sales are down in the US. However their sales in Europe are at an all time high and these tariffs would cost them 100 mill a year, hence further plans for moving even more production, some of it to Europe.

Sales down in US. Sales up in Europe. Move to Europe to maximize profit.

Harley has been looking outside our borders for a while now.

Sales down in US. Sales up in Europe. Move to Europe to maximize profit.

Harley has been looking outside our borders for a while now.

keep denying the truth. I look forward to your mental gymnastics for the next companies who do something similar.

keep denying the truth. I look forward to your mental gymnastics for the next companies who do something similar.
I'm not denying anything. The tariffs were just a catalyst to hasten the inevitable. We've been talking about Harley's decline for years, since the baby boomers have reached old age. ITs pretty common business practice to move your business to a place its successful as opposed to staying in a failing market.

Someday the sky may really be falling but easy on the trigger finger there. A failing business leaving the US isn't a sign of a nation's collapse.

I'm not denying anything. The tariffs were just a catalyst to hasten the inevitable. We've been talking about Harley's decline for years, since the baby boomers have reached old age. ITs pretty common business practice to move your business to a place its successful as opposed to staying in a failing market.

Someday the sky may really be falling but easy on the trigger finger there. A failing business leaving the US isn't a sign of a nation's collapse.

So now the tariffs were a catalyst? Before you said they had this all planned out before the tariffs? I am loving this. When Trump was praising HD as an all american success everyone was slobbering over them. Now it´s just a failing business leaving the US. Impressive gymnastics. A 9.8. A bit more consistency and you will hit that 10 soon.

I never claimed the sky is falling or the nation collapsing. I just found your constant denial of the facts pretty funny.

So now the tariffs were a catalyst? Before you said they had this all planned out before the tariffs? I am loving this. When Trump was praising HD as an all american success everyone was slobbering over them. Now it´s just a failing business leaving the US. Impressive gymnastics. A 9.8. A bit more consistency and you will hit that 10 soon.
Glad you're enjoying yourself. I don't think I've contradicted myself. Harley is struggling in the states, doing better in Europe. Maximizing profit is priority for a failing business.

Glad you're enjoying yourself. I don't think I've contradicted myself. Harley is struggling in the states, doing better in Europe. Maximizing profit is priority for a failing business.

tenor.gif

BS.

I've said the same thing from the start. You're reading what you want to read. The tariffs are just their reasoning for doing what they'd be forced to do soon anyway. Americans aren't buying their bikes anymore.

BS.

I've said the same thing from the start. You're reading what you want to read. The tariffs are just their reasoning for doing what they'd be forced to do soon anyway. Americans aren't buying their bikes anymore.

Yeah you keep denying that this latest move was 100% due to the new tariffs caused by Trumps trade war.

That gymnastics.

giphy.gif

If Harley want to sell in other countries and have to build factory there, they will employ people in that country. If Harley still want to sell in USA they will have to build factory here and employ people here.
OR...

You move production of your US market bikes to countries unaffected by tariffs. Like Thailand. Which is what they did. Unless Trump wants to tariff every single product from every single country.

OR...

You move production of your US market bikes to countries unaffected by tariffs. Like Thailand. Which is what they did. Unless Trump wants to tariff every single product from every single country.

Well lets say Trump does. If Harley still wants to sell in US market, they will have to open up a factory here, and as long as we dont have open borders, Harley will pay Murkens to make the bike. If Trump puts up a wall, that is practically ensured.

What does Thailand have that we need so bad besides, exploitable children, lady boys, muay thai, pedophile sex tourism, and drugs?

Trump helping to trash one of the most iconic American brands , of whose customers are most certainly some of his most feverent supporters

LOL

You wouldn’t do these mental gymnastics for Obama

liar

Well lets say Trump does. If Harley still wants to sell in US market, they will have to open up a factory here, and as long as we dont have open borders, Harley will pay Murkens to make the bike. If Trump puts up a wall, that is practically ensured.

What does Thailand have that we need so bad besides, exploitable children, lady boys, muay thai, pedophile sex tourism, and drugs?
Computer parts, integrated circuits, vehicle parts... a lot of stuff that is critical to the supply chain of many American companies. Stuff that couldn't be imported from other countries (since the hypothesis is that they would be imposed on everyone) and can't just magically appear in the USA because they were shipped overseas decades ago (for good reasons).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back