Has anybody ever officially retired another fighter in the UFC?

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There is all this talk sometimes of fighters saying they will retire a fighter...etc., I believe Rory said it about BJ not sure on that one. Maybe it was nick. But recently Shael says he will retire Shogun....that's all talk, but sometimes talk becomes a reality..

Has any fighter actually ever officially retired some other fighter because they beat them to the point they couldn't continue anymore physically or mentally?

After the Matt Hammill vs. Jon Jones fight I believe Matt did say he was done with mma and I could see why but he still came back. Never the same though. That was close and I wouldn't have blamed him if he had retired after the blows he was getting hit with and then that Mazzaghatti incident where he asks him if he could continue..

Heath/Lesnar.

Not sure about that one, but you may be right. Actually retiring because of that fight would be kind of stupid...the fight wasn't that bad...

I do know of one that actually existed it was on the TUF reality show I think the guy got hit in the eye and got blinded a little he goes to the doctor and the doctor tells him his fight career is over...

Maybe you've heard about that...can't remember the fighters name I just know the story and I saw that episode..

Frank Shamrock retired Igor Zinoviev.

[YT]AYvYTvCG0Cw[/YT]

Diverticulitis retired Brock.

Yeah I agree that disease played some part in him retiring it wasn't just that liver kick that Overeem caught him with although that did also had an impact..

Mark Kerr retired some guy with a can opener.

so to answer your question many

Hughes retired Gracie x 2 :)

Yeah I agree that disease played some part in him retiring it wasn't just that liver kick that Overeem caught him with although that did also had an impact..

Didn't he say he would have retired regardless of the outcome?

GSP and Carlos Condit retired Nick Diaz, and I'm probably forgetting some other fighters that also retired Nick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back