Has anybody ever officially retired another fighter in the UFC?

rick will fight again for sure

Franklin you mean? God, I hope so. He's one of my favorite fighters and has been since 2005. The guy always comes to fight and is a very good ambassador for the sport.

does arguably mean that Hughes actually didn't retired Royce, since he fought after that lost.... The whole meaning of retired means you never fight again. Education buddy, education.

Wow, Sherdog makes a dictionary unnecessary!

However, when I say that Hughes arguably retired Gracie, I am not employing a different meaning of that verb than you are. Rather, I'm suggesting that his loss to Hughes precipitated that retirement, or hastened it more than the controversial win that followed.

Almeida fought TJ Grant and Mike Pyle after that.

One could argue that Mark Bocek retired Dustin Hazelett.

Damn, didn't know that. Thought he had retired after that Hughes loss. Now I've gotta check out Almeida's fights with those guys. Those two opponents are good fighters so I'll have to have a look. :icon_chee

Tim Sylvia vs Tre Telligman

One of the most brutal knockouts I've seen.

Diverticulitis retired Brock.

no it didn't lol

I remember all the talk about Lesnar being at 60% with Diverticulitis and how 'SCARY' he was going to be after the surgery being at 100% and look what happened:icon_lol:

Rage retired Nick Diaz.

Franklin vs Lidell. And didn't ubereem retire fujita due to tiger knee/coma?

Rashad retired chuck liddells chin.

30ayhcw.gif

Serra retired GSPs killer instinct.

matt-serra_georges-st-pierre.gif

Weidman retired Andersons mystique, after it made a comeback, post Sonnen...

images

Technically - every fighter that was the last fight in some other fighter's career... Or something like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back