Has Anyone Ever Bought Tires Online?

Anyone know if Nitrogen is better than Air in the tire.

Yep, tire stores don't carry the type of tires my car requires so I have to. Never had a problem getting a place to install them--they don't really make $$ off of the tires, the make $$ off of the service.

I want to see you mount something like a 235/45-17 with bars.
Depends on the make of tire. If it’s a Michelin, no problem, and besides no straight male runs 45 series tires on their vehicle anyway.

Was looking at several sites that sell tires online and they offer free shipping to the nearest tire shop in the network for installation. Just wondering if this may be the most cost effective way to purchase tires. I was thinking of buying a complete set. Also curious on what the tire shops typically charge for installation and balancing.

Anyone? Somebody? Help?
Yes, just did this for my wife's car, it was $200 cheaper. Just had them shipped to the tire shop for installation.

Tire rack was awesome. Ship them to my house and put them on myself

I bought winter tires and rims for my car from tire rack so they came mounted and balanced with the tire pressure sensors installed. I just put them on my car. If the seller has a network of places to install them, they should be able to tell you the cost. It's foolish to swap tires back and forth on the rims for summer and winter. Winter tires are good for 2 maybe 3 years before the rubber gets hard and loses traction. Then I leave them on to run for the summer.

A tire on my pickup started leaking because of corrosion on the bead of the factory aluminum rims. I went back to the tire shop that I bought them from the previous year. They took it off, cleaned and sealed the bead and charged me almost $40. When they all started leaking the next year I checked local tire shops and most wanted anywhere from $20 to $30. I found one that quoted $15 per tire. The guy told me cleaning and sealing the beads is included in their tire mounting price and covered for the life of the tire. I will be buying tires there from now on. They are also a Tire Rack and Discount Tire installer.

I bought winter tires and rims for my car from tire rack so they came mounted and balanced with the tire pressure sensors installed. I just put them on my car. If the seller has a network of places to install them, they should be able to tell you the cost. It's foolish to swap tires back and forth on the rims for summer and winter. Winter tires are good for 2 maybe 3 years before the rubber gets hard and loses traction. Then I leave them on to run for the summer.

A tire on my pickup started leaking because of corrosion on the bead of the factory aluminum rims. I went back to the tire shop that I bought them from the previous year. They took it off, cleaned and sealed the bead and charged me almost $40. When they all started leaking the next year I checked local tire shops and most wanted anywhere from $20 to $30. I found one that quoted $15 per tire. The guy told me cleaning and sealing the beads is included in their tire mounting price and covered for the life of the tire. I will be buying tires there from now on. They are also a Tire Rack and Discount Tire installer.

I didn't realize winter tires shit the bed so quickly. I just sold my two year old winter setup for 650....paid 1050 delivered. Probably had 12k on them

I didn't realize winter tires shit the bed so quickly. I just sold my two year old winter setup for 650....paid 1050 delivered. Probably had 12k on them

I have a tire durometer that I used on racing tires. Even tires that were never on a rim got harder as time passed. The old style deep lug snow tires got much of their traction from the tread depth but todays winter tires rely more on the soft rubber compound than the tread depth. Almost any new tire will have better traction than older tires.

The owner of the place I worked bought a truckload of tires from a tire factory in the city where I worked. He got a good deal because he owned warehouses that stored tires. The tires didn't get used very fast because the newer trucks used different sizes. The ones we did use that were 8 years old failed if they were used on the highway. We only used them on trucks that didn't leave the yard. We ended up scrapping about 30 tires that were never mounted.

I've heard of putting nitrogen filled tires in nitrogen filled bags to keep the rubber from reacting with oxygen and ozone.

I have a tire durometer that I used on racing tires. Even tires that were never on a rim got harder as time passed. The old style deep lug snow tires got much of their traction from the tread depth but todays winter tires rely more on the soft rubber compound than the tread depth. Almost any new tire will have better traction than older tires.

The owner of the place I worked bought a truckload of tires from a tire factory in the city where I worked. He got a good deal because he owned warehouses that stored tires. The tires didn't get used very fast because the newer trucks used different sizes. The ones we did use that were 8 years old failed if they were used on the highway. We only used them on trucks that didn't leave the yard. We ended up scrapping about 30 tires that were never mounted.

I've heard of putting nitrogen filled tires in nitrogen filled bags to keep the rubber from reacting with oxygen and ozone.

Nitrogen is a scam. It’s only good for racing.

28 years of Automotive Experience. Don’t even try to argue Mayberry dwellers, you’ll only get sonned.

Nitrogen is a scam. It’s only good for racing.

28 years of Automotive Experience. Don’t even try to argue Mayberry dwellers, you’ll only get sonned.

I'll see your 28 years and raise you 22 years. Chemistry suggests differently. Rubber ages from contact with oxygen and ozone. Straight nitrogen also doesn't change volume with temperature changes as much air with oxygen in it does.

idk but I had a car with nitrogen filled tires and never one time had to add air

that is what they are telling me when I got my truck as few wks ago. That I shouldnt have to fill them this winter like most tires when it gets cold.

that is what they are telling me when I got my truck as few wks ago. That I shouldnt have to fill them this winter like most tires when it gets cold.
I had it for 3 years living in ohio and never had to do anything

Back