Has anyone ever have a close call with a deer?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

So I spoke about here how I used to let my dog run after deer we'd encounter. In hindsight it was a really dumb idea. I let my young bitch chase the deer because I knew she'd never catch them, never thinking about the fact that deer sometimes say "f*ck it" and fight instead of flight.

There is one park we go to that has so many people present that the deer have mostly lost their natural fear and allow us to get very close. One time we got EXTREMELY close and the deer do this little "stomp" thing after a while that is the equivalent of "gtfo!"

A few times the deer ran like they were headed in our direction, scared tf out of us but changed direction. I realize deer (like most ruminants) can whoop ass when they want to.

Lately I've been cautious and I now walk around with a stick for protection.
the-walking-dead-recap-east-lennie-james.jpg

Should I continue being cautious?

Has anyone ever had a deer charge or attack them?

my dad got within like 15 feet a moose. Then a ranger yelled at him and told him he was lucky to be alive.

my dad got within like 15 feet a moose. Then a ranger yelled at him and told him he was lucky to be alive.

Holy shit, was that an elaborate attempt at suicide?

The deer are generally skittish (so are less prone to attack) and even then a deer (as long as it isn't a buck with antlers) you can most likely survive. But Moose? Fughettaboutit! They are aggressive and a bull moose can weigh over 1,000 pounds!

I used to live next to a forest preserve in Chicago and I've almost hit a couple of them in my car.

I used to live next to a forest preserve in Chicago and I've almost hit a couple of them in my car.

This is one of the MANY reasons I will not get a motorcycle (although I want one). You can hit a deer with a car but not with a bike. A local cop just died from that near where I live.

Holy shit, was that an elaborate attempt at suicide?

The deer are generally skittish (so are less prone to attack) and even then a deer (as long as it isn't a buck with antlers) you can most likely survive. But Moose? Fughettaboutit! They are aggressive and a bull moose can weigh over 1,000 pounds!
Yeah I was like 15 and me and my mom kept telling him to get in the car but he wanted to check him out.

I very nearly hit a moose last year. Fucking thing was massive. If it's legs were a little farther apart I could have driven under it.

Missed it by maybe 2 feet.

I almost hit a deer on my motorcycle a few years back, that would have been bad. Several close calls with deer driving through the country at night.

I let my dogs out one morning and there was a giant deer in my next door neighbors back yard. It looked like a freaking horse. My dogs saw it and went ballistic and the deer flipped out. It took down about a 10 foot section of the opposite chain link fence and disappeared.

This is one of the MANY reasons I will not get a motorcycle (although I want one). You can hit a deer with a car but not with a bike. A local cop just died from that near where I live.
I almost hit a couple coyotes driving through there too.

Kinda snuck up on a tiny one hiking last weekend. It was a baby. Thank God my dog didn't see it or she'd a been gone

This is of course the genius that covered himself in deer urine to provoke an attack and have his friend film it....well, he got what he wanted

SQwG9CQ.gif

I let my dogs out one morning and there was a giant deer in my next door neighbors back yard. It looked like a freaking horse. My dogs saw it and went ballistic and the deer flipped out. It took down about a 10 foot section of the opposite chain link fence and disappeared.

Damn, were the dogs okay?

I'm in central Illinois (Bloomington-Normal) and I hit 2 of them at once on the highway. They were fairly small but my car was still totaled. One of them rolled up onto my hood and something splattered all over my windshield. I thought that it was blood. When I got a look at the car in the daylight the next day I determined that it was actually shit.

Last edited:
Kinda snuck up on a tiny one hiking last weekend. It was a baby. Thank God my dog didn't see it or she'd a been gone

If I saw a baby one I'd go in the opposite direction, before an aggressive doe whoops my ass.

Damn, were the dogs okay?

Yeah, the dogs never had the chance to get to it. Our yards were separated by a chain link fence. They both just ran straight to the fence and came unglued but it really spooked the deer.

Last edited:
Almost gave one my real phone number by accident once. That was a close call.

I have deer around my house pretty often. One would bed down about 6 feet from my front door.

Yea I grew up in Colorado so deers can get pretty wild out there and with the population growth in the Denver metro there have been lots of instances of wildlife being forced to come into the city to eat etc..
personally once I was getting pretty crunk at this hole in the wall. Playing pool maybe being a little to rowdy I am not sure. Anyway I must have rubbed this one deer the wrong way dude was just giving me the antlers all night stamping his hooves shaking his head, butting the bannisters. So I was crunk I figured fuck it let’s send this wanna be Bambi to meat his dad. So logically I start stretching my wrists wanderlei Silva style and I am getting ready to step outside. When my buddy grabs me by the shoulder and deescaltes the situation. Apparently it was some type of gang initiation thing they trick a drunk dude to go outside and then the whole gang stomps the drunk guy out out side.

Back