Has anyone ever used any podcast shill service? (Blue Apron, MeUndies, Squarespace etc...)

ben shapiro also does those jeans - can't remember them now, but seemed decently priced

Got a MVMT watch. I get complimented on it all the time.

Same, they're not the highest quality but good for the price and a lot of people seem to compliment it.

I got this one:
d511966d2aceff4d166ac20cc7aaaf7b--mvmt-watches-wrist-watches.jpg

If I had a business I'd try stamps.com, but other than that, they're money makers for the podcast host. I never took em seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
I once called one of those gambling sites where it's a "free recorded message!!" Then when you call it's not recorded at all, they claim the lines have changed and they'll call you back to talk in person.
Then they want your credit card and claim you can bet $25 a game if you like. But then they threaten to drop you if you don't bet the amounts they force you too. Obvious scams. If they were that good at betting they'd bet their own money, not take yours.

Same, they're not the highest quality but good for the price and a lot of people seem to compliment it.

I got this one:
d511966d2aceff4d166ac20cc7aaaf7b--mvmt-watches-wrist-watches.jpg

Nice, very similar to mine:
WhiteCarmelLeather.front_1024x1024_22a495fb-99e8-4520-847d-d7e37585c67d_grande.jpg

The biggest complaint I have is that the band isn't very good quality. Otherwise, I've been pretty happy with the purchase.

Me undies me undies no more sweaty balls ba boop boop

I purchased a fleshlight back when Joe was sponsored by them. It was alright, a massive pain to clean though. It was more hassle than it was worth in the end I threw it in the bin. I often wonder if some poor refuse worker has come across it filled with one of my ancient loads.

holy el oh el... I lost

Me undies me undies no more sweaty balls ba boop boop

I love how me undies has just given in Bill Burr's method of advertising and are now writing corny, hacky lines for him to read that try to sound like like he improvised it. It's actually cringe worthy.

It's so great how many companies Bill Burr has lost because he's offended them while reading their advertisements.

I never have, but I know a lot of people that have done Blue Apron. It always starts with them raving about it and telling other people they should totally do it. Then “well most the time it’s good.” Then “Damn it, my blue apron came today and I don’t want it. You wanna buy it off me.”

Then silence because they canceled their service but don’t want people they’ve convinced to try it to know.

It's so great how many companies Bill Burr has lost because he's offended them while reading their advertisements.

I agree

And my all time fave burr adds were club w

I would love to see a full list of the ones that bill burr has been dropped by my memory is terrible

Adam Carolla and Dr Drew advertised a shaving cream called Cremo that is the only thing I use now. Switched from Gillette which felt like gross chemicals on my face, and now do a wet shave. Feels a million times better.
I discovered Cremo almost two years ago.

Never looked back.

I tried Alpha Brain. Did nothing got rid of it.

I agree

I would love to see a full list of the ones that bill burr has been dropped by my memory is terrible

"Club W... Heading to the ranch with Cheney, doing some dove hunting..." What's funny is that it works. People remember the product which is the fucking goal and something other companies don't get.

Here's one that completely gets it

For instance: Bill Burr's pre-Valentine's Day endorsement of Sharri's Berries—chocolate-dipped berries you can order online.

"Show her you thought of something unique and different this year, and get her the gift she is sure to love: Sharri's Berries," Burr says near the beginning of the ad on his Monday Morning Podcast. "Yeah, get her something unique. Get her something you and f**king four million other people are going to get."

When Munguia heard this ad, she wondered: has anyone from Sharri's Berries ever heard this ad?

The answer is yes. I played the ad over the phone to Sharri's Berries' acquisition marketing director, Nick Fairbairn.

"I mean, does that fall within our brand standards? Probably not," he says. "Is it authentic to Bill Burr the comedian in a podcast space that's not nationally regulated for language? Yeah, it's right on brand for him. And gosh it was ROI positive, too."

ROI as in "Return On Investment" — as in, that ad actually sold a lot of berries. Fairbairn credits the ability of the endorsement (or endorsement-style) "native ads" that are typical on podcasts to blur the line between content and commerce.

"Keep it authentic, don't force it," says Fairbairn. "I think that's the key to doing this stuff."

Nope. I never tried any of them. But I have thought about using Indo Chino or however it’s spelled. That’s the one where they ship you suits, right?

Got a MVMT watch. I get complimented on it all the time.

Schaub really likes them
He says they are amazing

Says it all whilst wearing a Rolex skydweller

Heh

I agree

he did one for an in home massage service - went off an a tangent about hand jobs and the next episode he said he got dropped.

Schaub really likes them
He says they are amazing

Says it all whilst wearing a Rolex skydweller

Heh
Can't hate. I'm not the biggest Schaub fan, but I admire his hustle.

Back