Has anyone here been to a UFC Gym ?

I’m having a hard time finding no gi Bjj in North New Jersey. There is a UFC gym that only does No Gi, but I’m afraid it’s just a place for a bunch of soccer moms to do cardio and for a few d-bags to train “UFC”

Can anyone else tell me there experiences from training there?

Here’s my quick and accurate review of ufc gyms..I’ve been to 2

Awesome and unbelievable facility but mediocre instruction.

If there is a ufc Gym near you look up the teachers...that will be the main factor.

I'm here in Baton Rouge and I've done trial memberships at one of the UFC gyms we have here and for one they did the cardio kickboxing bullshit and also on days where they had their advanced classes... they beat the shit outta new guys who had no business sparring... sickening shit but that was under different management but I rather stick to my hole in the wall gyms

I agree there are many types of self defense situations, and zero percent of them involve a 1v1 with a guy you saw coming and asked you to fight. That's just a street fight and that's retarded. Reality based self defense trains you for all the other scenarios.

Martial arts are to self defense as Olympic skeet shooting is to doing a tour in Afghanistan. It's related and very useful, but ultimately doesn't prepare you at all.

Do you, without thinking about it and without being under an adrenaline dump, know how the student in the knife video should have reacted?

In my experience I have fought mainly with people I know. Yourself said you went to shady bars... I dont know where you people live but carrying a gun, knife or something else is not regular where I come from. However if you wander alone by yourself and try to find a fight you are sure to get it especially in shady places. In such situations its way better to learn to run, rather than self defence. I mean fucking practice 800 meters sprints, you and your family.

But in general fights and rape for ladies happen mostly with people you know and it is mostly 1v1 situations or small numbers situations.

On the contrary, I have a giant scar on my face from getting attacked by multiple opponents with weapons. The idea that you can martial arts you way out of that is the biggest con job of our sport, and it gets pretty old to read about some 23 year old boxer who thinks he knows a damn thing about self defense.

For about 10 years I was really into the whole reality based self defense stuff, but after a certain point it's just not healthy. You need to learn and think about things up to a certain point and then let it go. I only train for fun now, which is why I prefer MMA type styles or gyms.
please share your story, about the knife incident. i have been in a few serious altercations. but never had a knife pulled on me.

please share your story, about the knife incident. i have been in a few serious altercations. but never had a knife pulled on me.

Had a few knives pulled on me. Favorite was a drunk acquaintance yelling at a black dude that almost hit us in a Mercedes with tinted windows... Car stopped very quickly and the door opened, haha. Drunk guy never even saw it even though it was enormous. I was fully prepared to let him die as I ran but I guess the guy realized he was dealing with a moron and just left.

The scar on my face is not an exciting story. When I was young and poorish I used to live in Roxbury, which is the poor black shithole neighborhood of Boston. I didn't know it when I moved there but there is a particular street that if you walk down, you get jumped by a bunch of dicks. I actually don't remember any weapon in that case, don't remember getting hit with anything. Dealt with the first few attackers and then ran away, only to notice I was COVERED in blood. I suspect it was some sort of club/liquor bottle due to the jagged nature of the cut, but I dunno.

I did a trial class a the Sydney location.

Impression was that the coaches themselves were qualified but some of the students were definitely "tough guys" (i.e. egoistic and also very hard to work with). Really big class sizes too so didn't get any individual feedback at all.

I did a trial class a the Sydney location.

Impression was that the coaches themselves were qualified but some of the students were definitely "tough guys" (i.e. egoistic and also very hard to work with). Really big class sizes too so didn't get any individual feedback at all.
That's their target market.

Had a few knives pulled on me. Favorite was a drunk acquaintance yelling at a black dude that almost hit us in a Mercedes with tinted windows... Car stopped very quickly and the door opened, haha. Drunk guy never even saw it even though it was enormous. I was fully prepared to let him die as I ran but I guess the guy realized he was dealing with a moron and just left.

The scar on my face is not an exciting story. When I was young and poorish I used to live in Roxbury, which is the poor black shithole neighborhood of Boston. I didn't know it when I moved there but there is a particular street that if you walk down, you get jumped by a bunch of dicks. I actually don't remember any weapon in that case, don't remember getting hit with anything. Dealt with the first few attackers and then ran away, only to notice I was COVERED in blood. I suspect it was some sort of club/liquor bottle due to the jagged nature of the cut, but I dunno.
nearly definitely a bottle. glass always leaves the worst injuries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back