Has anyone on Sherdog ever admitted that...

I love this excuse you Cando Canatta fans make, you cans really thought he was the next big thing after he fought Tony.
I'd say most of us recognized the possibility... but there's obviously more to it than that since the Legion of Groove has gained more members than lost during this journey. Almost everyone is still in. That's real. Not even a full time troll can twist that.

Wonderful you celebrating Lando's "Can Do attitude" with your clever nickname.

Where y'all at?
DVfrmUd.png
@2GunTommy @315MMAFighter @Air Lats @Alex @billharford @Chivas GDL @CM 4 @Codpiece @Dana_is_your_GOD @djolegeorgee @DS7 @El Che @Elmonstro1 @essieyessie @GOD...frey Jones @Haj01 @Headkicktoleg @Huligani @ImNotSurpisedDonks!@James Baller @Ken Fresno @knowsitall @LilChuckLil @Loko3 @LouisBolanos @MonkeyGirl @myrddin Wyllt @NationWideNinja @NinjaNiK @One MMA Fan @Pakman @Psychedelic @Rex Kwon Do @Roop Holstry @scorpipede @Sgt Smith @shertardinho@SimonNova @sirmorbach @Skirm @SKITZADACTYL @Soul On Ice @Spinning S**t @Teh_Lulz7 @thatKid @Toco @ZapatasGuns @TGArthur

Also @Myrddin Wild and @gono btw don't think I'd forget you two bums.
What exactly is your problem??

We're simply fans of a fighter. If you don't like the fighter then that's fine. Perhaps you don't like people enjoying themselves & having fun & so that's your problem? If you don't like him, then that's fine. nobody gives a fook. You're obsession with us though is borderline autistic though.

It wasn't like people were wrong about Cro Cop, in my opinion. Upsets happen in MMA.

I think we were all wrong about expecting him as UFC champ. As soon as he signed, sherdog was just counting the days until he was champ

I beg for a thousand pardons that I ever thought Eric Silva was the WW Anderson Silva.

He was wrong about a certain fighter and oplogized for his obsession with something that wasn’t true? For an example, had anyone apologized about Jones was great but he cheated so he is not? Has anyone apologized about Conor’s hype? Has anyone made a thread of how wrong he was, instead of others marking his words? Just wondering if there are such people on Sherdog!
I was very sure that Stipe would wreck DC. I was wrong as hell. Since I'm a big fan of DC also I was happy with the result either way.

I still think Stipe can win the rematch ;)

I thought GayChee would beat Poirier and fight for the title eventually. Don't think he gets there now :(

Apologized for Conor's hype? Are you new to this site? People were originally saying he would get smoked in the UFC if he ever made it, then saying he would never break the top ten, then saying he'd get murked by top 5, then saying he ducked wrestlers, then saying Aldo would demolish him, then saying he could never become champ-champ. The ones that believed in Conor were the only ones that were right. Very few people ever thought he would accomplish what he did, present company included.

Horrible example.

I thought GayChee would beat Poirier and fight for the title eventually. Don't think he gets there now :(
GayChi is only one or two wins away from a title. He is exciting AF, and as such, he will be fast tracked with just a few wins. Fan favorites that are exciting always will receive shortcuts. Platinum could win two and would likely be given a TS, while Ooozman could win 10 and have to keep fighting challengers.

GayChi is only one or two wins away from a title. He is exciting AF, and as such, he will be fast tracked with just a few wins. Fan favorites that are exciting always will receive shortcuts. Platinum could win two and would likely be given a TS, while Ooozman could win 10 and have to keep fighting challengers.
He beats the guys out of the top 5 and Kevin Lee but I think the rest of the top 5 beat him. He might get a TS but LW is way too stacked, there would have to be some sort of circumstance

Apologized for Conor's hype? Are you new to this site? People were originally saying he would get smoked in the UFC if he ever made it, then saying he would never break the top ten, then saying he'd get murked by top 5, then saying he ducked wrestlers, then saying Aldo would demolish him, then saying he could never become champ-champ. The ones that believed in Conor were the only ones that were right. Very few people ever thought he would accomplish what he did, present company included.

Horrible example.
Come on dude, his fans were saying that he would catch Khabib and KO him easily for years and not once admitted they were wrong! And when Nate beat him too!!!

Come on dude, his fans were saying that he would catch Khabib and KO him easily for years and not once admitted they were wrong! And when Nate beat him too!!!
I am talking further back. You are an 07 account, so surely you realized the conversations taking place around the guy in '14-'15 at least.

Did you think he would beat Aldo or ever become a double champ? I thought Aldo was due able but unlikely, and certainly becoming a champ-champ was out of the question in the current modern landscape of MMA.

Did the people that doubted him ever apologize for saying he would never break the top ten at FW in the UFC, beat the wrestler, KO Aldo, beat Eddie, avenge Nate at 170, box Mayweather or take Khabib off a two year lay off? It seems all the fans have to apologize for is thinking he would catch Khabib, but there is a laundry list of things the doubters could to apologize for. IMO, if you become champ in the UFC, fans should not really have to apologize for hyping that fighter along the way, as UFC gold essentially proves a fighter's quality.

A lot of us admitted we thought CroCop was going to easily win the HW title when he went to the UFC. Definitely wrong.

Back