Has Colby Covington actually generated money with his trash talking?

Meh. This guy doesn't move the needle, nor should he.
Guy isn't even funny to begin with.

Don't think it's made him any more money than he already would have made by his talents in the octagon. I don't follow much of the day time drama's but from what I have seen is the dude is trying way to hard to be a character. I like actual reality based heat, but this is so forced it doesn't have the effect I think he's hoping for.
Win fights, talk some shit but drop the clown act would be my advice because he's a hell of a fighter.

To be fair, if he hadn't opened his mouth he would just be another nobody on a decent winning streak that we would be screaming for him to be getting higher ranked opponents. Perhaps the Darren Elkins of 170

So yes, opening his mouth did him good

He's a boring talker but a pretty good fighter

But Woodley should smash him

Fighting for the title helped him get paid, but the trash talk for sure didn't hurt.

I disagree for the most part.

Obviously the title did increase his pay, but that kind of guaranteed money is VERY good.

For comparison, Robbie Lawler made 150/150 for ufc 189, with Rory on a 59/59 salary(terrible).

Damian Maia, who has been in the ufc waaay longer than Colby, was only guaranteed about 120k for his title shot against Woodley at UFC 201.

250-350k guaranteed is a fantastic payout, and I think it clearly had something to do with his marketing capabilities.

I get the angle he's trying to work but he's terrible at it. His shit is forced and full of cringe. People just see him as a bad actor or insult comic who can't deliver his lines very well, so they don't pay attention to him

The talking was just enough to get his name out there, but then everyone realized how transparent and irritating his act is so nobody actually wants to pay attention to him... what is actually generating interest is that he has been winning and moving up the rankings... The public reaction is 'Holy shit that annoying and corny actor is actually winning fights"

If he had toned down on the forced shit talk about 'virgins and dorks and filthy animals' he would be better accepted and a lot more popular. He would have come off as an arrogant but good fighter, instead he just comes off as someone people don't really want to listen to

i don't care for his antics, but he's certainly putting more money in his pockets and getting opportunities due to his mouth and performances. wins over stun gun, damian maia and dos anjos show he's legit. i think he gets mauled by woodley, but they guy has earned the whopp'in and the payday that goes with it.

My favorite was when someone said "I hope he backs up all his nerd bashing by winning the title." How would that back it up? lol.

Not yet but it is a matter of time. Everyone including the president now know who he is.

Yes but not much, id say hes generated about tree fitty

i'd pay him money not to have to listen to it anymore.

Back