Has Conor help the sport or hurt

Ufc1son

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
For years I've heard fans say that Conor has rasied the bar and helped MMA. For awhile i didnt question this, but now i do.

They say Conor brought new eyes to the sport. If casuals only watch when Conor or Ronda is fighting how does that help MMA overall?

Has Conor helped fighter pay increase? From wht i heard he doesnt want any champs on his ppv cards. So i guess fairly new champs like Thug Rose and Henry who havent seen a big payday can go fuk off.

Does Conor use his power to fight unjust bussiness partices that hurt the fighters? Conor could easily use his power to help undo the shitty Reebok deal. What about Conor joining forces w/ Gsp, Stipe,DJ and TJ to form a real union for fighters?

Look at how Conor held up 2 divisons and was healthy to defend. Did that help the sport? Sure as hell didnt help Hollyoway and Ferguson.

Breaking tradition by not rematching a goat. Well that hurts Conor and the sport. Am just sayin,Conor seems like a selfish dick that doesnt use his power an fame to improve the sport.

Both.

But it's dependent on him fighting. When he fights, those cards do very well and then they go back to normal without him. In fact, you might say it's hard for people to get excited about MMA anymore without all the Conor antics.

Mostly he's helped himself.

Btw I should mention that I don't blame Conor for this, it's what the fans choose to follow.

He broke the UFC, which I think is good.

Before him fighters followed orders and fell in line, or they went by the way of GSP.

After Conor fighters have started to realize they have more venues to success, and that the UFC doesn't have as much control as it seemed before. They are talking about money fights, bigger paychecks, going to Bellator, etc. Conor made MMA more mainstream and forced many guys to wise up.

He also put on some of the most fantastic performances ever, so I am going with 'probably yes'.

Buddeh.

For years I've heard fans say that Conor has rasied the bar and helped MMA. For awhile i didnt question this, but now i do.

They say Conor brought new eyes to the sport. If casuals only watch when Conor or Ronda is fighting how does that help MMA overall?

Has Conor helped fighter pay increase? From wht i heard he doesnt want any champs on his ppv cards. So i guess fairly new champs like Thug Rose and Henry who havent seen a big payday can go fuk off.

Does Conor use his power to fight unjust bussiness partices that hurt the fighters? Conor could easily use his power to help undo the shitty Reebok deal. What about Conor joining forces w/ Gsp, Stipe,DJ and TJ to form a real union for fighters?

Look at how Conor held up 2 divisons and was healthy to defend. Did that help the sport? Sure as hell didnt help Hollyoway and Ferguson.

Breaking tradition by not rematching a goat. Well that hurts Conor and the sport. Am just sayin,Conor seems like a selfish dick that doesnt use his power an fame to improve the sport.
Conor helped himself to fat stack of cash.

Conor has literally broke down so many doors for fighters
Problem is most people are too retarded to walk through those holes

He has helped and hurt it in the same way. Fighter pay wont increase anytime soon tho however.

Conor has literally broke down so many doors for fighters
Problem is most people are too retarded to walk through those holes
Fighters that command the attention of the masses will always be a rare commodity.

Conor and Ronda helped bring MMA more into the main stream. ESPN covers the UFC much more than they did 5 years ago and you can thank those two because of it.

Btw I should mention that I don't blame Conor for this, it's what the fans choose to follow.
How much of it is Dana jamming it down our thoat? Dont think fans would follow as much if Dana made Conor do everything just like other champs.

they were already going in the wrong direction with brock, but conor basically ended the legitimacy of the org.

there were a lot of people who were starting to look at it as a legit sport, with rankings that mattered and that sort of thing and conor destroyed that.

Conner HELPS MMA Not become a legitimate sport… So do the likes of… Superstars coming out of nowhere and getting a title shot as well as signing guys like CM punk....”Stars” like this don’t necessarily help legitimize MMA as a sport

Both, he definitely increased the popularity to new heights. Sadly he also helped destroy legitimacy and part of the sport aspect. Its pretty much a fake wrestling clone now.

Conor and Ronda helped bring MMA more into the main stream. ESPN covers the UFC much more than they did 5 years ago and you can thank those two because of it.
Ok but how did that help other fighters? Ppv numbers have been low so show how wht Ronda & Conor did translates to the sport.

A few years back all of his pumped up bullshit went down the tube when he got choked out in the second round after completely gassing in the first round by fighting a fresh off the barstool and evidently way bigger Nate Diaz.... there’s your so-called UFC bullshit champion… Same thing with labeling Brock as the baddest man on the planet…turned out the Motherfucker was afraid to take a punch…

they were already going in the wrong direction with brock, but conor basically ended the legitimacy of the org.

there were a lot of people who were starting to look at it as a legit sport, with rankings that mattered and that sort of thing and conor destroyed that.
Thank fuck for that.

Now we can stop pretending this was ever a legit sport lol

Ok but how did that help other fighters? Ppv numbers have been low so show how wht Ronda & Conor did translates to the sport.
PPV is a shitty antiquated system that should fuck off. I genuinely don't care about PPV numbers. ESPN covers the sport more which is more exposure for fighters. Pretty simple.

He probably helped in the same way Ali "saved boxing." But these things typically do not transfer to the sport itself. KSI vs. Logan Paul drew the third largest PPV audience, ever. Even if it was a lot cheaper to watch, it still made more money than all but the absolute biggest boxing events. This is true about everything. While not comparably, the top 10-20 movies each year account for 50% of Hollywood's revenue. A blockbuster doesn't make people more interested in going to the movies.

Be interested to see what Mysterio chimes in with...
<LikeReally5>

Back