Has Europe surpassed Brazil as MMA 2nd best area?

Kassitus

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Overeem > Dos Santos
Volkov > Werdum
Gustafson > Glover
Volkan, Latifi and Manuwa are now elite
Conor conquered two divisions while I cant remember the last Brazilian champ(RDA maybe?)
Khabib coming in looking unstoppable
Then there are a ton of young Euro prospects like Darren Till, Zabit, Khabilov, Salikhov, Vettori. The only Brazilian prospect I can think of is Erick Silva.

Europe is a continent and has about 500 million more people than Brazil...and still has about the same number of top 100 fighters.

So no, Brazil>Europe

Maybe, Europeans have definitely been on a role in combat sports in general. Look at boxing, they're killing it over there too (Vasyl Lomanchenko, Tyson Fury, GGG etc.).

Overeem > Dos Santos
Volkov > Werdum
Gustafson > Glover
Conor conquered two divisions while I cant remember the last Brazilian champ(RDA maybe?)
Then there are a ton of young Euro prospects like Darren Till, Zabit, Khabilov, Salikhov, Vettori. The only Brazilian prospect I can think of is Erick Silva.

Brazilian prospects
Luan Lacerda
Raulian Paiva
Ricardo Ramos

and those are the ones outside the UFC

I saw on Sherdog that Shogun is about to become the light heavyweight champ again, so no.

The only Brazilian prospect I can think of is Erick Silva.
While not on the level of elite prospect Erick Silva, there are still some pretty damn good Brazilian prospects like Paulo Costa, Antonio Carlos Jr, Alexander Pantoja, and Ricardo Ramos.

Overeem > Dos Santos
Volkov > Werdum
Gustafson > Glover

Europe > South-America.

Overeem > Dos Santos
Volkov > Werdum
Gustafson > Glover

well im sure since u asing a country vs a whole continent you think the whole continent would have more fighters than a country.

Maybe, Europeans have definitely been on a role in combat sports in general. Look at boxing, they're killing it over there too (Vasyl Lomanchenko, Tyson Fury, GGG etc.).

don't forget all the kickboxer from netherland and all the muyi thai from thailand

Brazil has done pretty well for itself considering it's a shithole.

Brazil has done pretty well for itself considering it's a shithole.

Maybe because it is, people are tough there and for poor it's one of the few options
to suceed in life.

don't forget all the kickboxer from netherland and all the muyi thai from thailand
giphy.gif

id say definitely. top brazil fighters train in the states. and the entire science of the sport seems different to them , the europeans just train alot smarter all imo and live in areas that is alot more financially stable and have more opportunities for training because of it. europe is def taking over and can be beyond USA very soon in a decade or under

Brazilian prospects
Luan Lacerda
Raulian Paiva
Ricardo Ramos

and those are the ones outside the UFC
What about ones inside the UFC? I can't think of any blue-chip brazilian prospects atm, unless Moraes is a "prospect".

What about ones inside the UFC? I can't think of any blue-chip brazilian prospects atm, unless Moraes is a "prospect".

Paulo Costa, Renato Moicano, Thiago Santos.
But Renato and Thiago aren't really prospects anymore.

But yeah, not as much as there used to be. UFC hasn't been signing lots of Brazilians lately.

Brazil's greats are all washed up bums now. I'm fact most of them live in murrica .

Lol @ EuroPEONS trying not to get big brothered by Brazil anymore.

It’s actually quite cute...

<{silvanormal}>

Back