Has Hollywood ever remade a sh!tty movie into a good one?

giphy.gif

SVvpPWb.gif

source.gif

the actual remake of Point Break: horrendous and made nothing
the 'unofficial' remake of Point Break: The F and F, makes dough, spawns like ten sequels that make absurd loot

what the f

The newest FF4 movie is better than the 80s version and the alba version.

The new FF4 is possibly the worst movie I have ever seen. It's shockingly horrible.

I don’t know. But there have been some great remakes. John Carpenter’s The Thing was a remake. I never saw the original. I just saw the new Murder on the Orient Express and it was great. But again, I never saw the original. Same with True Grit.

So if any of those originals sucked, then yes it has happened.

The Thing and True Grit though were both more revisisting the original source material and were arguably closer to it than the first film.

You could say the same with Jacksons Lord of the Rings not being a remake of Bakshi's film although it does actually lift 1-2 ideals like the Hobbits hiding under the treet roots from the Nazgul.

Bakshi-and-Jackson-are-painting-the-same-picture-using-different-techniques.jpg

Dawn of the Dead (2004) is way better than the original.

The remake had such great potential . The first 20 minutes of the film was awesome .

But it doesn't hold a candle to the original.

The original dawn of the dead is probably the best zombie film of all time

The Departed is a remake of a Korean (or Japanese?) movie called Internal Affairs. Never saw the original, but the departed is awesome.

The Departed is a remake of a Korean (or Japanese?) movie called Internal Affairs. Never saw the original, but the departed is awesome.

This a real slip from you Anung;

It's InFernal affairs, it's Chinese, and it's NOT bettered by The departed.

You shouldn't really be including a film if you've not actually seen the original.

Chinese actually

Hong Kong actually, which used to be very much separate from the chinese movie industry.
A Film like Infernal Affairs about Police Corruption couldn't be made in the heavily censored chinese Film Industry.

I knew I was going to offend people who want to pretend that George Romero was a great filmmaker

I knew I was going to offend people who want to pretend that George Romero was a great filmmaker
Whether you consider the original a classic or not (it is btw) doesn't matter in this case because the 2004 version is awful.

The remake had such great potential . The first 20 minutes of the film was awesome .

But it doesn't hold a candle to the original.

The original dawn of the dead is probably the best zombie film of all time

Whether you consider the original a classic or not (it is btw) doesn't matter in this case because the 2004 version is awful.

The first 10 minutes of the remake blows away the entire original.

Also 28 Days Later is a better zombie movie than any of Romero's shit.

The first 10 minutes of the remake blows away the entire original.

Also 28 Days Later is a better zombie movie than any of Romero's shit.
Dawn of the Dead is an allegory. It's only a "zombie movie" in appearance. It amazes me people can watch movies like Dawn of the Dead, Robocop, Starship Troopers and Get Out and not realize what they are.

Back