Has humanity experienced a reset?

BearGrounds

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty sure this thread has been done before, but whatever, I'm running it back for anyone that wants to discuss it. Was there once a high civilization on Earth that was wiped out by cataclysm, war, or some other such calamity?

Age-old texts, such as the Mahabharata, talk of ancient cities, floods, and ancient wars. Multiple cultures have flood myths. Plato spoke of Atlantis in his dialogues. Etc. There are many written myths that describe or allude to a high civilization existing in our distant past.

Myths aside, there are also many mysterious ancient sites that seem to indicate a level of sophistication beyond what has been commonly accepted, such as Gobekli Tepe and the Great Pyramid/The Sphinx. Another example would be the ancient Mesoamerican site Teotihuacán, whose builders are still an unknown (the Aztecs merely stumbled upon its ruins and inhabited it).

300px-SSA41434.JPG

So what do you think, is it possible that our historical progression has not been as linear as has been commonly asserted/accepted? Could we have, at one point, been significantly more advanced than current mainstream theories suggest, however got knocked back down to square one, only to have to rise up again to where we are now?

Also, what would happen to our civilization if we were to experience a global catastrophe today? How much would remain, and how would we recover if only small pockets survived?

It's possible there were some highly advanced societies. I recall a sophisticated clock or tool that was found once - but the details are fuzzy.
The thing I ponder is: if there was ever an advanced society that was somehow destroyed... why haven't they found any fossilized/ancient TVs?

Yes and God wiped them out because they wouldn't give him a refund on his Ancient Playstation 9.

@ripskater, that part is in the bible, right?

"And the Lord sayeth 'those Ancient Egyptian Geek Squad :eek::eek::eek:s are crooks!'"

Last edited:
I believe we're at the peak of technology now, but there's definitely been rises and falls along the way.

Just look at the Roman aqueduct and sewer system, took other societies 1000 years to catch up.

It's possible there were some highly advanced societies. I recall a sophisticated clock or tool that was found once - but the details are fuzzy.
The thing I ponder is: if there was ever an advanced society that was somehow destroyed... why haven't they found any fossilized/ancient TVs?

I believe you refer to the antikythera mechanism, which was found in a Roman-era shipwreck. It's the only one of its kind. Considered by many to be the first ever analog computer. It's got something like 37 gear wheels and is thought to be an astronomical device.

275px-NAMA_Machine_d%27Anticyth%C3%A8re_1.jpg

As to fossilized TVs, well, just how many of our TVs do you think would survive something like a direct asteroid impact to the earth, and thousands upon thousands of years?

This video is a classic example of conspiracy theory dishonesty here, he starts off with some more legitmate claims(although he mixs up events) before throwing in some HIGHLY questionable bro science claims that evidence of advanced technology would vanish in a few thousand years because the Titanic will rust away?

The sad thing is I do think its an interesting area of research without dumbass claims of super advanced civilisations, I mean human civilisation having setbacks is already widely accepted, the dark ages, the bronze age collapse, etc.

It's become one of my favorite things to read about really. I love reading Graham Hancock's books about the subject

As to fossilized TVs, well, just how many of our TVs do you think would survive something like a direct asteroid impact to the earth, and thousands upon thousands of years?
Those bulky ass TVs we all used in the 80s/90s can probably survive hellfire and a couple Noah-esque floods

Those Nokia phones from over a decade ago will outlast the sun and will float through space destroying asteroids.

This video is a classic example of conspiracy theory dishonesty here, he starts off with some more legitmate claims(although he mixs up events) before throwing in some HIGHLY questionable bro science claims that evidence of advanced technology would vanish in a few thousand years because the Titanic will rust away?

The sad thing is I do think its an interesting area of research without dumbass claims of super advanced civilisations, I mean human civilisation having setbacks is already widely accepted, the dark ages, the bronze age collapse, etc.

Try not to let the video bother you too much. He's just a YTer asking questions. If you don't like it, ignore it. There is other material beyond it that you can focus on and discuss if your interested enough.

I just thought it was a quick thing to link to help illustrate the topic up for discussion.

I believe we're at the peak of technology now, but there's definitely been rises and falls along the way.

Just look at the Roman aqueduct and sewer system, took other societies 1000 years to catch up.
Chinese invented dpaghetti.

Well I believe in the flat Earth model and there are no meteorites that can hit Earth in it. As far as resets, the great flood was the most obvious reset. God sent the flood on the Earth and wiped out all people aside from 8. Were there other resets? I don't think so but a good proof of a great flood is all the buried ancient cities that have to be excavated.

Graham Hancock is a snake oil salesman. Crock of shit!

I've read a couple of his books, listened to a bunch of his interviews/lectures, etc. The guy has done research worth appreciating, imo. Even if you don't agree with the conclusions he draws.

His image gallery alone is pretty good shit:

Teotihuacan, which was discussed in the OP

p15-300x196.jpg
p18a-300x199.jpg

p23-300x194.jpg

But, anyway, it's not like this topic is limited to Graham Hancock. If you don't like the guy, examine the other evidence and the work of other people.

I've read a couple of his books, listened to a bunch of his interviews/lectures, etc. The guy has done research worth appreciating, imo.

His image gallery alone is pretty good shit:

Teotihuacan, which was discussed in the OP

p15-300x196.jpg
p18a-300x199.jpg

p23-300x194.jpg

But, anyway, it's not like this topic is limited to Graham Hancock. If you don't like the guy, examine the other evidence and the work of other people.
I joke bro. I am informed on his research. I cannot confirm nor deny it's validity. He does raise very interesting questions however. Things that cannot be explained without dramatically changing the contemporary theories on various issues.

Im not sure, but isn't that what is described in that Indian text Oppenheimer describes? Nuclear war.

Is it possible? Yes, IMO it is very possible. Not sure on the evidence though.

I don't think so.

That said, the fall of the Roman Empire was similar to what you're saying. People lived for centuries in the ruins of things they could no longer understand.

I wonder if ancient chicks gave out ancient iPads.

Back