Opinion Has Race, Religion or Gender been a contributing factor in who you voted for?

Has Race, Religion, or Gender been a factor in who you voted for?

• Yes, I voted for a Democrat because of one of these factors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I voted for a third party because of one of these factors

• I've never voted

• Total voters

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Either by you voted in part for the candidate because you wanted someone from that race, gender, or religion to win or because you didn't want someone from a particular race, gender, or religion to win?

Wow such an american centric question. In my country yes. Because people of different backgrounds will promote that identity or national identity over others or our country. This often is not even hidden its an open fact.

It is rare to find someone willing to betray their own people. But this seems common with white liberals voting patterns in the west.

Wow such an american centric question. In my country yes. Because people of different backgrounds will promote that identity or national identity over others or our country. This often is not even hidden its an open fact.

It is rare to find someone willing to betray their own people. But this seems common with white liberals voting patterns in the west.
I'll add ones for I'm not American, yes and no

Nope, unless you’re a commie of course

This is kind of a weirdly narrow distortion of this question. Other than bona fide religious nuts, be it Christian or Muslim, I think there's ample evidence that people really don't vote on any singular identity basis relating to an individual candidate, which is why black Republicans still lose the black vote, female Republicans still usually lose the female vote, etc. Certainly, persons who actively concern themselves with political issues don't. I'd expect you'd only see that at the (uninformed) margins.

At first I thought your question was more along the lines of "was your reason for voting for this person primarily based on their or their opponent's views on race, religion, or gender?" That would be more interesting, although it would still be a "no" from me.

No. Though I considered voting for Obama in 2008 in large part because he was black.

I vote based on platforms first, and candidate second.

I’ve grown disillusioned with partisan politics, so i’m not giving my vote to any of the major parties anymore.

Yeah, I guess it has, sadly. I've voted against white shaming, for sure. I don't respect what the people who pass for democrats these days believe in and I think victim culture needs to go the fuck away already.

Only in the sense that I vote against people who base their campaigns on issues of race, religion or gender.

No, policy comes before everything.

That said, I'm very happy to see more women and minorities being represented in politics and in general. I think it's great and that trend shows no signs of slowing down. Colorado even elected the country's first openly gay governor (who also supports good policy). I think it's awesome overall too, because it gives representation and a voice to more people.

Nah, policy, or in some cases voting against policy of a party I disagree with.

It's nice to see a more varied group of politicans beyond old white guys, but anyone on any side solely voting for a candidate because of looks/sexuality/gender/race is doing a disservice to their country.

No. Though I considered voting for Obama in 2008 in large part because he was black.

When Obama was elected, I remember having a conversation about race with a friend of mine who is a black guy a good bit older than me. I asked something along the lines of, "Would you have voted for Obama just because he's black?" His response, "No. But I voted for Bill Clinton just because he's black."

I also wouldn't vote for someone to stop someone else from xyz identity from attaining office. Policy is the baseline. I don't care if a Muslim, Christian, Atheist, Hindu, whatever runs as long as their policy is good. I've know people of all sorts of identities that were good and bad, I always try to take people individually, in fact it would feel weird not to and would be narrow minded and counterproductive.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez described identity politics really well in an interview, basically saying identity alone shouldn't dictate how you take someone (i.e., I'm just gonna vote for x only because they're this thing), but what identity is is a lens through which we view and interact with the world. It affects our experiences. If you're a woman, you have a different lens than a man, gay, straight, black, white, Hispanic, etc, and we all have blind spots. I don't recall her quote verbatim but it's really good.

No, I'm a one-issue guy.

The only issue that matters is, Is this candidate committed to white genocide?

tenor.gif

I'm a Christian. I vote against candidates like Hillary and Obama that go against my Christian beliefs.

I wouldn't vote for an openly religious person, but it's extremely rare in France unless you really venture to the Right. I have voted for both genders and I realize I have only voted for White persons, but that wasn't intentional (big candidates are almost always White and I don't live in a multicultural district where smaller candidates are more diverse).

Edit : oups, I just remembered I actually voted for a Christian once, but he is very quiet about it (as French believers usually are) and it didn't impact his program.

Back