Has Scott Coker created a homegrown star in Bellator yet?

Name a real star in mma outside connor......?

Bellator doesn t have stars the biggest draw they had kimbo slice wasn't homegrown.

Your definition of star is basically a mid tier guy,champion,or prospect......because that's what you've listed.

Guys like Campos,girtz are not stars and or draws so your definition of star is far from clear.Your basically listing a mixed bag of talent levels and draw power.

Here are guys that are established mid tier guys and or people who will become mid tier or possibly elite level Signed during Cokers Tenure(because that's pretty much what you listed in OP)

HWS
Steve Mowry-highly touted young HW coming from a great camp and is a literal giant lol.

Jake Hager-former WWE wrestler now current Indy wrestler with a decent following and a legit wrestling background could become a decent draw if he's serious about mma....(lashley 2.0)

Rudy Schaffroth-a regional guy with alot of upside looking to make a name on the big show.

Valentin Moldavsky-team fedor member with solid overall game and is already in the upper half of the roster and still growing.

TYRELLE fortune-excellent wrestler with a still evolving overall game with alot of potential. He isn't progressing as fast as some of the other wrestling standouts but still a great fighter.

LHWs
Jarod Trice,Vadim Nemkov,Tyree fortune,Jordan young

MWS
Chris Honeycutt,Romero Cotton, Anatoly Tokov

WWS
neiman gracie,ed ruth,Joey davis,Logan storley,baby slice,yaroslav Amosav

LWS
Pedro carvalho

Fws

Emmanuel Sanchez, Aaron pico,tywan claxton
There is a ton of potential there. Pico, Storley and Ruth are very legit and Mowry got a chance to be something also.

Macfarlane
I completely forgot Bellator had Women's divisions.

She reminds me of a Strikeforce-Ronda. Macfarlane has kinda hit THE popularity ceiling in Bellator, much like Rousey did in Strikeforce 2012. I don't see her breaking through that while she's there. Ronda became huge because of the UFC hype machine. Macfarlane will have to move on from Bellator if she wants to progress in popularity.

But as far as a successfully homegrown Coker talent, she's probably the only success story right now.

Name a real star in mma outside connor......?

Bellator doesn t have stars the biggest draw they had kimbo slice wasn't homegrown.

Your definition of star is basically a mid tier guy,champion,or prospect......because that's what you've listed.

Guys like Campos,girtz are not stars and or draws so your definition of star is far from clear.Your basically listing a mixed bag of talent levels and draw power.

Here are guys that are established mid tier guys and or people who will become mid tier or possibly elite level Signed during Cokers Tenure(because that's pretty much what you listed in OP)

HWS
Steve Mowry-highly touted young HW coming from a great camp and is a literal giant lol.

Jake Hager-former WWE wrestler now current Indy wrestler with a decent following and a legit wrestling background could become a decent draw if he's serious about mma....(lashley 2.0)

Rudy Schaffroth-a regional guy with alot of upside looking to make a name on the big show.

Valentin Moldavsky-team fedor member with solid overall game and is already in the upper half of the roster and still growing.

TYRELLE fortune-excellent wrestler with a still evolving overall game with alot of potential. He isn't progressing as fast as some of the other wrestling standouts but still a great fighter.

LHWs
Jarod Trice,Vadim Nemkov,Tyree fortune,Jordan young

MWS
Chris Honeycutt,Romero Cotton, Anatoly Tokov

WWS
neiman gracie,ed ruth,Joey davis,Logan storley,baby slice,yaroslav Amosav

LWS
Pedro carvalho

Fws

Emmanuel Sanchez, Aaron pico,tywan claxton
You right. I typed that thread after taking melatonin, so my meaning of the word "star" was pretty much skewed. Right now, I'd probably say a "star" would be maybe Chandler-Pitbull levels of popularity during the Bjorn era. Somewhat known in MMA circles, I guess. Guys you can bring up in the UFC discussion without being bombarded with "who da fook?" references. Campos and Girtz definitely don't belong there lol.

Of all of those fighters you listed, I think Ed Ruth, Emmanuel Sanchez, Yaroslav Amosav, and Neiman Gracie are the one that are coming into their own right now. A lot of the others are still in journeyman hell.

It's really hard to say if they will be successful or not. No amount of journeymen will prepare a fighter for Chandler, Lima, and Pitbull.

Thought about this while playing that old EA MMA game from like 2010. It's been 4 years since Coker took over Bellator. Has he successfully made a star from Bellator yet? Let's look at the candidates

Heavyweight: You could say that Lashley was the biggest star in Bellator HW that Coker signed. Though, Bellator chose not to do jackshit with Lashley and instead, fed him cans like Burns and Appelt. The other stars like Fedor, Kongo, Mir, and Mitrione made their names in PRIDE and UFC. Minakov is known for being Heavyweight champion in the Bjorn era, he never fought in the Coker era.

Light-Heavyweight: McGeary was definitely Bellator-grown, but was built up in the Bjorn era. Davis and Bader made their names in the UFC.

Middleweight: I think Rafael Carvalho might be the Bellator champion that Coker truly created, even unintentionally. He was matched up against Rogers and Schilling to lose. Became well known for upsetting a back-then "unbeatable" Brandon Halsey. Even then, I'm not sure if he was signed during the Bjorn or Coker era. Nobody really talks about him being a Coker guy.

Welterweight: Douglas Lima was Bellator champion before Coker, so I'd disqualify him. Koreshkov and Ward were already tournament champions in the Bjorn era. MacDonald, Larkin, Daley, and Fitch were stars far before being signed by Bellator. If Ed Ruth pulls it off in the whole WW tournament, he could change things. MVP is debatable.

Lightweight: Chandler, Primus, Patricky, Caveman, Campos, Girtz = all Bjorn era fighters. You can make a case for Aaron Pico being a future star.

Featherweight: Patricio, Straus, Weichel, Teixeria = also Bjorn era fighters. McKee hasn't faced any meaningful competition despite being 11-0 and only fighting in Bellator.

Bantamweight: Darion Caldwell was signed during the Bjorn era but you can make a case for him being primarily a Coker fighter. There's also James Gallagher, but we all know what he's well-known for now ;).

You can say that Coker created guys like Ruth, Carvalho, Caldwell, and Pico but there definitely not considered draws. Do you think Coker made any meaningful homegrown talents in the past 4 years?
How many actual stars are there in MMA, 5 ? Less than 10 for sure. It's pretty hard to build them

Sure this young stud Erick Silva they brought in has some previous MMA experience, but with time on his side and the WW/MW divisions to conquer, a few years down the road they can claim him as their own.

Chael Sonnen, Rory Mcdonald, Matt Mitrione, Ryan Bader.

These guys were not stars in UFC Meathead was a mid carder, Chael was retired and Rory came in off 2 loses. Coker signed em up and rebuilt their value.

Chael Sonnen, Rory Mcdonald, Matt Mitrione, Ryan Bader.

These guys were not stars in UFC Meathead was a mid carder, Chael was retired and Rory came in off 2 loses. Coker signed em up and rebuilt their value.

Do you know the meaning of the word "create"?

Do you know the meaning of the word "create"?

Yes I do. Chael Sonnen is Bellators biggest star no doubt and he created him from a retired former UFC title challenger.

Just because a guy had success in UFC doesn't make him a bonafide star … look at Ben Henderson.

Yes I do. Chael Sonnen is Bellators biggest star no doubt and he created him from a retired former UFC title challenger.

So in other words, you DO NOT understand what "to create" means.

Go back to school

EA sports MMA was the shit when that game came out it was so much better than the ufc undisputed series

EA sports MMA was the shit when that game came out it was so much better than the ufc undisputed series
Abso-fucking-lutely

I love KO-ing tomato cans and journeymen in Strikeforce and the fake-PRIDE/DREAM org on career mode. Especially with the overhand punch and the spinning heel kick skills.

The roster on that game aged like fine wine too.

Back