Has the fans sh!tting on ufc matchmaking ever change their minds? Examples

Diaz vs Woodley.

There was a mir fight that was announced and then everybody went off on how bad it was and it got cancelled.

Frank mir vs Brock 3 I think.... not sure because it was a long time ago, maybe someone else remembers

Diaz / Mcgregor 1

Everyone thought Mcgregor hand picked the easy fight.

People were so upset before hand

There was a big backlash against the rumors that Paige "Lied to Kids with Cancer" Vanzant was going to get the inaugural title shot at women's flyweight. Dana denied that that was ever the plan, but I think there's a good chance we fans helped lampoon that nonsense.

There was a fight like a year or two ago fairly marquee that Dana specifically said was changed because of that guy drawing a blank...

There was a fight like a year or two ago fairly marquee that Dana specifically said was changed because of that guy drawing a blank...

GSPisbing was canceled and rebooked, or is memory shot over the last year

GSPisbing was canceled and rebooked, or is memory shot over the last year

Nah it was a couple years back I wanna say hendo or maybe rich Franklin was involved maybe vitor..but might be wrong

I remember there was apathy about this fight I'm thinking about and we were surprised Dana actually listened

I have no question the forums directly influence match making. Every time there is unanimous outrage amongst fans they take to social media and their comments are liked and agreed with amongst casuals and fights end up getting canned.

I remember when hendo vs Franklin 2 was announced . Almost instantly fans were outraged with such atrocious match making and the ufc a couple weeks later canned the idea. I know there is a poll floating around if anyone wants to necrosis it.

Edit: a poll of fans interest in hendo vs Franklin 2 that is.

I know there has been some,I just can't remember who they were.I'm sure of it though.

I have no question the forums directly influence match making. Every time there is unanimous outrage amongst fans they take to social media and their comments are liked and agreed with amongst casuals and fights end up getting canned.

I remember when hendo vs Franklin 2 was announced . Almost instantly fans were outraged with such atrocious match making and the ufc a couple weeks later canned the idea. I know there is a poll floating around if anyone wants to necrosis it.

Edit: a poll of fans interest in hendo vs Franklin 2 that is.

This is what I was thinking of

Back