Has the Heavyweight Championship lost its prestige?

There was no rule change. It was planned like that from the beginning. Inoki said it some years back on some Asian TV Show.
Ali threw a half ass jab and Inoki said his face hurt so much from it that had Ali threw with some real intent to hurt him he would've been out with the first punch and that's Inokis' own words.

Interesting any links

Interesting any links
I havent seen this video in years, but its one where Inokis talking and hes talking about the flick jab Ali hit him with and the interviewer starts to try to emulate the flick jab. Ill try to find it. But he explains that Ali threw it because I think he got mad that Inoki grabbed him, so it was like a "fuck you" jab and it swelled his face up.
There are subtitles.

I havent seen this video in years, but its one where Inokis talking and hes talking about the flick jab Ali hit him with and the interviewer starts to try to emulate the flick jab. Ill try to find it. But he explains that Ali threw it because I think he got mad that Inoki grabbed him, so it was like a "fuck you" jab and it swelled his face up.
There are subtitles.
i looked for interviews, didn't see any with english. in tomas hauser's ali bio, ali was quoted saying "I wouldn't have fought him if I'd known he'd fight like that" meaning on his back. the book seemed to minimize inoki's abilities just like my Martial arts mentor made it out that ali was ineffective. Hard to know the truth, the japanese are known to set shit up so i'm just glad ali came out of it in one piece. the leg kicks were brutal, ali ended up in the hospital and a beating like that at his age did him or his legs no good. I just read that inoki planned to hurt ali but the muslims got to him and said they'd kill him if he did, so, hard to know what's true with that one.

Back