Has the ultimate mma conditioning book been updated? (Joel Jamieson)

Nedrin

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm considering buying the ultimate mma conditioning book, but I remember that there is some information in the older version that does not correspond with the information he gives in some of his videos.

More of a specific example would be the training methods. Example: In his videos, HRI (High resistance intervals) should be done for 5s~ at max intensity, followed by a rest period that brings the heart rate down to 130~.

In the book, HRI is described as: • HR below anaerobic threshold • Each rep should be maximal intensity • Rest to FIR 130-140 10-12s per rep, 15-20rep/workout

Especially:

• HR below anaerobic threshold

• Each rep should be maximal intensity

This seems kind of controversial.

Anyway,

This is why I'm wondering if anyone knows if this book has been updated?

Thanks!

The anaerobic threshold that he is talking about is the HR/Lactate accumulation that associates with the body supplying the majority of the atp via anaerobic processes, or the anaerobic glycolytic pathway.

With 5s of work every 3 minutes, the majority of the atp supplied will be by PCr resynthesis and aerobic metabolism.

Hi guys

Does anyone know if Joel Jamieson's book is available as an ebook?

I don't live in the States and getting books via post usually gets lost/ takes forever/ or costs a fortune.

And does anyone follow his program?

Thanks

I think the updated info ended up going into the conditioning blueprint, the HRV book, and ultimately the material for his certification

That the shit load of other projects he took on cannibalized having a second edition of the book.

i bought his book in 2016 damn if hes changed some stuff that sucks cause wasted 50 bucks

Back