Has there ever been a study on heart & organ health of people who train BJJ & wrestling?

mmacasualviewer

Hardcores vs Casuals
@red
Reaction score
I can't imagine being dropped on your back and having weight dropped on your chest that many times is good for you heart or other organs.

No idea.
I did read a study showing wrestlers have greater left ventriculsr hypertrophy, only falling behind nordic skiiers, rowers and elite cyclists.

Id imagine their organs are fine. You are underestimsting the rub cages ability to protect vital organs in conjunction with fat and muscle tissue, along with defensive components like breakfalls and knowing when to bail.

I'm not sure if there's every been a study done, but I would imagine the cardio vascular health of competitive grapplers would be top of the line.

I've surprised myself several times after taking long breaks off the mat, getting a check up only to find that my blood pressure is excellent and my heart rate is still low enough for the nurse to ask "is your heart rate always this low?" Despite sitting on the couch, drinking booze and eating Cheetos for months on end.

I'm not sure if there's every been a study done, but I would imagine the cardio vascular health of competitive grapplers would be top of the line.

And Joint health bottom of the line lol

Fuck it life is too short not to do fun shit

Organs are fine but damn, when grapplers get rib injuries it takes forever to completely heal.

I fucked up my spleen from a lot of grappling exercises but that's almost completely from my beginner sessions.

edit: not my spleen, whatever the organ is on the lower right side of the bag.

risk/reward. life's a terminal condition. i'd rather die young from pushing my limits than hedge my bets to sit around when i'm old waiting to die, wondering if i could have led a more fulfilled life. i'm more of a quality over quantity guy though. if both are gonna kill me, i'll take two hours on the mat over 5 hours in front of the TV every single time.

yeah, any intense activity is going to be inherently risky, but we take steps to mitigate those risks. i climb with a rope. i board with a helmet. i slap or tap when the time comes. a lot of people are afraid to die, which is fair, but we're all going to die.

i'm more afraid of not living.

The body generally reacts really well to low intensity impacts. I'm not aware of studies on it (there are surprisingly few studies overall on fitness anyway), but I'd expect grapplers, (especially judokas), to have much higher than average bone density. And the fascia between internal organs probably gets stronger as well.

risk/reward. life's a terminal condition. i'd rather die young from pushing my limits than hedge my bets to sit around when i'm old waiting to die, wondering if i could have led a more fulfilled life. i'm more of a quality over quantity guy though. if both are gonna kill me, i'll take two hours on the mat over 5 hours in front of the TV every single time.

yeah, any intense activity is going to be inherently risky, but we take steps to mitigate those risks. i climb with a rope. i board with a helmet. i slap or tap when the time comes. a lot of people are afraid to die, which is fair, but we're all going to die.

i'm more afraid of not living.
how many times u been under the knife son?

Little rebel U!

LOL!

Back