Hasbro releases Monopoly for Millennials: "Forget real estate. You can't afford it anyway"

Lol at the fat greasy dude on Twitter that says he’s angry about this xD

lol, that's the most fucking pathetic board game in existence.

what happened to monopoly? back in my day it was all about exploitation, degradation and humilliation, it kinda sucked actually, you know what fuck monopoly

Why would they want anything that isn't digital.

Hipster-Barista.jpg

They may as well just play the old Monopoly Jr, the theme was a carnival/amusement park.

I didn't think anything could challenge Trumpy Bear for the most confusingly ironic gift of 2018.

I'm offended

Is there a comfort animal game piece cause I need it NOW

Although I guess marketing a board game to Gen Z is pointless since they are also dubbed the iGeneration. Why would they want anything that isn't digital.
My son is 22. He and his gf love board games. So do their friends. They get together to play every week. Apparently, board games are making a huge comeback with their generation. It seems to me from talking to them that the draw is the novelty of something social and non-digital.

m96jjd.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-11-12-at-4.50.03-AM.jpg

Money doesn't always buy a great time, but experiences, whether they're good -- or weird -- last forever. The Monopoly for Millennials game celebrates just that. Instead of collecting as much cash as possible, players are challenged to rack up the most Experiences to win. Travel around the gameboard discovering and visiting cool places to eat, shop, and relax. Interact with other players via Chance and Community Chest cards, (which are super relatable). And players don't pay rent -- they visit one another, earning more Experience points. This board game is a great way to bring a fun and relaxed vibe to a party or casual get-together.

Experiences include a 3-day music festival, a friend's couch, a vegan bistro, bike share, and yoga studio. A hashtag and smiley face emoji are among the tokens. The person with the most student debt rolls first. Uncle Pennybags is wearing a participation ribbon.

https://boingboing.net/2018/11/12/monopoly-for-millennials-r.html

<DirkMavs>Lol !! Does it come with tight pants a Pringles guy moustache and a man bun !!??

<{Heymansnicker}> YOLO !! AND FUCK MUSIC FESTIVALS.

I had ghettopoly. U moved a 40 around the board. U bought crack houses and what not. Was drunk and bought it at a adult bookstore. Good times!

As a Millennial I'm not sold on this. Part of the fun of normal Monopoly is precisely the fact that I get a power trip on feeling like I can own real estate, along with being sent to jail for committing tax fraud. Bankrupting my peers...It makes me feel like a real Baby Boomer.

Back