Hasbro releases Monopoly for Millennials: "Forget real estate. You can't afford it anyway"

No kidding, they're about 20 years late to the millennial party.

Although it's funny, the complaint is that they can't afford real estate, but have no problem dumping $2000 a month or higher on a rental property in a major city.

$2000 a month in a major city? Pff, where I live that only gets you a 1 bedroom apartment in a borderline ghetto suburb.

$2000 a month in a major city? Pff, where I live that only gets you a 1 bedroom apartment in a borderline ghetto suburb.
You must live in Canada or the bay area

what happened to monopoly? back in my day it was all about exploitation, degradation and humilliation, it kinda sucked actually, you know what fuck monopoly

Me thinks you weren't very good at it.

It's all about the art of the deal.

Definitely not 2 beds but 1 bedder in decent area in my city.

Looked into it and they've made a Monopoly Cheaters edition where you are encouraged to cheat (steal money, move tokens in different than what your dice tell you to do, etc..

So they call that the baby boomer edition? Seriously, has any generation screwed everyone else as bad as they did. I recently saw a proposition on the ballot in California, written by baby boomers no doubt, to exempt retired people from having to pay property taxes. Property taxes in California, mind you, can not exceed 1% of the value of the property.

Suddenly, now that they’re all retiring, they think they shoudn’t Have to pay their fair share. It’s incredible how entitled that generation thinks they are to have everything that nobody else gets.

I'd rather it if instead of starting the game with $1,500 on hand, you start with $15,000 in debt.

Call it "student debt" and I think people will buy it.

Although I guess marketing a board game to Gen Z is pointless since they are also dubbed the iGeneration. Why would they want anything that isn't digital.
Actually board games have made quite a come back with that generation. So much so you have had a niche emergence of bars and coffee shops with board game focuses.

I’m no prude when it comes to humour, but I’m a bit uneasy over laughing about the fact that owning a home has become very difficult to obtain for the not-so-privileged.

So..... who are the intended consumers of this? Do they think patronising an entire generation is going to make board games great again?
It's a hard troll. I bet it sells fine, lol

I’m no prude when it comes to humour, but I’m a bit uneasy over laughing about the fact that owning a home has become very difficult to obtain for the not-so-privileged.
lol

who plays board games tho, seriously

Me, my girlfriend, and our two kids play Monopoly every NYE.

The winner gets one month of their choosing during the upcoming new year in which they can forgo one of their responsibilities.

The absolute loser must pick up the slack.

Believe it or not, my little guy (age 8 at the time) won NYE 2017/2018 and chose not to have to collect and take down the trash for all of January. My girlfriend being the absolute loser, had to do it instead.

Haha.

I love board games.

Sounds like now is the time to open up that monopoly coffee bar I always dreamt of opening.

Monopoly is already a game for millennials, it's a critique on soul crushing capitalism. I wonder if the Millennial version is aimed at older people to critique millennials.

Also fuck Monopoly. Garbage game for garbage people.

Me thinks you weren't very good at it.

It's all about the art of the deal.
Nah, you basically want to buy up as much property as you can at the beginning. Be a unyielding ass and basically force your opponents out by limiting their opportunities. Just like real life!

Back