Hasbro's M.A.S.K. Movie (F. Gary Gray to Direct)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: April 18, 2018

FATE OF THE FURIOUS' F. Gary Gray to Direct Hasbro's M.A.S.K. Movie

GAtcHvS.jpg

It's game on for F. Gary Gray and Hasbro's M.A.S.K. property. The Fate of the Furious filmmaker will direct the project for Paramount, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

No writer is yet attached to the film, based on the '80s property created by the now-defunct toy company Kenner. M.A.S.K. (which stands for Mobile Armored Strike Kommand), centers on a task force and its battle against the evil V.E.N.O.M. (Vicious Evil Network of Mayhem), and spawned a cartoon series and comics in addition to a number of toys. Gray is producing the film along with Hasbro.

Gray's Fast and Furious installment grossed $1.2 billion worldwide last year, and the director next tackles Sony's Men in Black reboot, which is to star Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson and is set for a July 2019 launch.

No date has been set for the M.A.S.K. movie, one of multiple Hasbro properties Paramount is developing for the big screen for a potential shared universe.

'Fate of the Furious' Helmer F. Gary Gray to Direct Hasbro and Paramount's M.A.S.K. Movie

Director of Fast and Furious sequel. No writer. Okay guys, start coming up with a story about this toy.

At least Michael Bay isn't going for ruin another part of my childhood.

From the wiki:
M.A.S.K. was named the 99th best animated series by IGN. They called it one of the most popular cartoon/toy marketing franchises of the 1980s, stating that it took many of the strengths of G.I. Joe and Transformers while taking few of their flaws.

How have I never heard of this show?

F. Gary Gray, didn't that dude direct Friday and Straight Outta Compton?

How have I never heard of this show?

The show was awesome and had one of the best theme songs in cartoon history. And the toys were awesome too. I never thought about them being a mix of transformers and gi joe, but yeah lol I guess that's exactly what they were.

I am cautiously optimistic. After all, we are talking about some of the coolest toys available to kids of the late 80s.

thawk.jpg

*Hoping this isn’t just going to be a two hour commercial for the lead sponsoring car company...

I am cautiously optimistic. After all, we are talking about some of the coolest toys available to kids of the late 80s.

thawk.jpg

*Hoping this isn’t just going to be a two hour commercial for the lead sponsoring car company...
My favorite
HurricaneDefensemodeside.jpg

HurricaneDefensemodeside.jpg.html

You weren't an 80s kid? It only ran two seasons
I was but the obscure shit I remember is like Gobots, C.O.P.S, Bionic 6, Inhumanoids etc.

And none of those is getting a movie adaptation. So that's what got me scratching my head.

I was but the obscure shit I remember is like Gobots, C.O.P.S, Bionic 6, Inhumanoids etc.

And none of those is getting a movie adaptation. So that's what got me scratching my head.

That's because MASK wasn't really obscure. It was well known.

Getting so sick of these big overblown Hollywood remakes. The one with Eric Stoltz and Cher will always be the real version.

Loved this show and I agree about the theme song.

My favorite
HurricaneDefensemodeside.jpg

HurricaneDefensemodeside.jpg.html

So fucking sick. Pretty sure I had that one.

I always thought this one was badass. The reverse gull wings doors and wheels that turn upward to introduce machine guns...

raven.jpg

MASK was the SHIT

tAKE My Money!!!

So fucking sick. Pretty sure I had that one.

I always thought this one was badass. The reverse gull wings doors and wheels that turn upward to introduce machine guns...

raven.jpg

That's the one MASK toy I liked the most. Also had this one:

jackhammer.jpg

Back