Haters can hate but I still think Conor did better in Boxing then Floyd would ever do in MMA.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Hence why Floyd would never fight anyone under MMA rules. I think Conor did pretty damn good in his first pro boxing debut against the p4p boxing goat. Even if Floyd carried him a bit. (Which who knows, I think Floyd knew Conor would lose steam after 4 or 5 rounds, could have possibly finished Conor earlier)

I would be interested just to see Floyd at 10th planet just rolling for fun. See how well he could grapple. Even if it's just for fun. He is an amazing athlete and I imagine him picking it up fast even at his age.

Once and for all Floyd isnt the boxing goat

Floyd wouldn't survive a round in MMA so in that regard, sure Conor did OK.

There are far more weapons to worry about in MMA than there are in Boxing, TS...The two sports are not equivalent.

Conor wouldn't carry Floyd in MMA like Floyd carried him in boxing.

Connor did amazing. Couldn’t ask for a better outcome other than a fluke win. It was a win win all the way around. There is no way it could turn out that well if Floyd went in the cage.

Even though Floyd didn't actually start fighting until the 6th round, TS is still right.

Mayweather is old and has never done any grappling... He didn't need to whore out and get finished to earn the big bucks

50-0 pro record. Impressive. One could argue he is p4p best. But he's definitely in the discussion.
Impressive and one the greatest but definitively not the greatest
Robinson,Léonard,hearns and hagler would have all beaten him imo

I usually say a boxer would more than ikely do better in MMA than a Mixed Martial artis in Boxing, but jhonestly, Floyd's style of boxing would probably be one of the worst styles to crossover into MMA.

Floyd wouldn't fight under MMA rules because he's in his 40s with arthritis and retired from his own sport and wouldn't take a massive pay cut to start something he has no experience in.

Conor did alot better than i expected.

Id like to see him fight someone whos not 50 and 0 and a goat candidate.

The way people talk about that fight is funny to me. Floyd is a very cerebral fighter, not a guy who goes all out from the first round.

Thats why hes fuckin 50 and 0, he studies you for the first few rounds and him and his team adjust to the fight and find a way to win, every time.

I dont think Floyd was banking on Conor being so pathetic cardio wise to just throw rounds away. Conor when hes fresh is really dangerous and has great hands and power, on another level from any mma fighter thus far. Hence why hes so popular.

Too bad he doesnt have the heart. Diaz and Floyd fights showed he is lacking bigtime in cardio and heart

Floyd is definitely an all-time great but he didn't face enough great fighters in their primes to be the GOAT IMO. Floyd absolutely is the GOAT businessman in combat sports though. He waited for guys to lose a step before he'd face them and he still found a way to sell fights despite a very boring style. Pretty Boy Floyd was an awesome fighter to watch. Money Mayweather was a savvy businessman.

It's the nature of the beast. I mean, let it be said several times that Floyd carried him and wasn't trying to trade shots, but that's no different than Couture shooting in on Toney to make the fight the most uncomfortable and unwinnable for his opponent he can. But in the end, MMA guys would look better in the ring on average than a boxer would look in the cage. I don't think that means they win more, they'd probably win less, but they'd perform better in their losses than how badly a boxer can be exposed.

Conor did alot better than i expected.

Id like to see him fight someone whos not 50 and 0 and a goat candidate.

As much as I hate the circus around it, that's actually why I'd like to see Conor-Paulie. It still wouldn't give an example of Conor vs a standard active boxer, but it'd be a fuckload closer than all the question marks surrounding a retired best of his time Floyd.

A 40 year old wouldn't learn wrestling, BJJ and kicking? No fucking way!

MMA fighters train boxing, boxers dont train MMA, nuthuggers.

<Kpop775>
Conor will also do better in running than any runner in mma. At least on shorter distances.

I 100% agree. I also think Marshawyn Lynch would do MUCH better at track and field then Usain Bolt would at football.

Back