Have you accepted Black Beast as one of the best HWs?

I have accepted him, he's a likable guy, but him being 2nd ranked fighter shows just how eroded and shallow current UFC HW division is. The guy is a one-dimensional fighter, bearly standing in the 2nd round because of his back problems and no stamina. I can't imagine what would prime Fedor, CC and Minotauro do to him back in PRIDE days, even a few years ago when prime JDS and Cain were fighting.
Have to agree, even though I like Lewis a lot. The division is basically Stipe, Lewis, Ngannou, Blaydes, Volkov, and Tuivasa. Reem, Werdum, Hunt, DC, Arlovski, and DC are on their way out. JDS isn't the same. Cain is eternally injured. Oleyinik is like 60 in fight years. Ivanov blew his debut. Minakov will never be in the UFC. Tybura and Struve will probably never be legit contenders. Most of the Russian talent probably gets KOed into orbit by USADA. And Lesnar is a one fight freakshow.

And to add to that, Jones is suspended, Davis and Bader are in Bellator, Rumble is retired, and Gus fights once a year. LHW and HW are so fucked it's sad.

Have to agree, even though I like Lewis a lot. The division is basically Stipe, Lewis, Ngannou, Blaydes, Volkov, and Tuivasa. Reem, Werdum, Hunt, DC, Arlovski, and DC are on their way out. JDS isn't the same. Cain is eternally injured. Oleyinik is like 60 in fight years. Ivanov blew his debut. Minakov will never be in the UFC. Tybura and Struve will probably never be legit contenders. Most of the Russian talent probably gets KOed into orbit by USADA. And Lesnar is a one fight freakshow.

And to add to that, Jones is suspended, Davis and Bader are in Bellator, Rumble is retired, and Gus fights once a year. LHW and HW are so fucked it's sad.
All True, But Pavlovich is a free agent now, and He has dynamite in his hands.

After a victory over the massively hyped #1 contender Francis Ngannou and climbing to the #2 spot himself, have you accepted the often dismissed dark giant as one of the greatest of this generation?

Wich speaks volumes about this generation lol

fedor81.jpg

4869894-8626592887-Kejn%25.jpg

:(

Black Beast being number 2 means Mitrione is a title contender?

I love Lewis but he is not that good and would get slept by a lot of guys. He does have the chin or skills.

For the first two rounds of the Hunt fight Lewis was winning imo.

Standing with Hunt.

People dont try to take him down, because he is insane at reversing the position and scrambles in general.

If you go back and watch his fights.. Everyone takes him down, winds up unconscious

Bad back but he's gotten some real good wins. Good back BB is easily top 5

He doesnt even have a ton of talent... His cardio defies physics, his power hardly leaves when he's "gassed". Idk if he wrestled in school. Ok maybe not top 5 but perennial top 10. It's hard to see his future though

I've accepted that the ufc HW division is so bad that the #2 ranked HW doesn't even know how to do a takedown. MMA has "evolved" so much that guys have the grappling level from ufc 1, and they won't even fight each other. They will just stand there and do nothing for 15 minutes.

Where are the young, hungry athletes?
It’s a HW phenomenon, with some of it happening at LHW, and MW.
You don’t see a 40 year old FW or BW contender...

Why didn’t guys like Gus or Rumble just move up to HW after being derailed at LHW?

This is one of the cases where they guy winning is not exactly representative of the top of the division. If you take away his KO power then what does he have? He's not gonna outpoint anyone or outlast anyone if he didn't get a KO except for a fight like Ngannou which is more of an exception.

After a victory over the massively hyped #1 contender Francis Ngannou and climbing to the #2 spot himself, have you accepted the often dismissed dark giant as one of the greatest of this generation?
Have you accepted Black Beast as one of the best HWs?

And as my Lord and Savior, yes I have.

Lol "dark giant"! But yes, he is one of the best HWs in this current age. H-town; swangin and bangin!!

Love Black Beast.... Look forward to all his fights... Even went to Austin to see him fight live.

His high ranking is mysterious... He gets wins over folks he is not supposed to beat....

Sorta like Sam Alvy if you look at his skills vs wins.

Where are the young, hungry athletes?
It’s a HW phenomenon, with some of it happening at LHW, and MW.
You don’t see a 40 year old FW or BW contender...

Why didn’t guys like Gus or Rumble just move up to HW after being derailed at LHW?

It does seem like the heavier weight classes have died. HW used to be awesome back in the day. LHW was great as well at one point in time. Now both pretty much suck. MW isn't as great as it used to be either. Sad times.

Man that fight was TRASH

BUT

Some of it is due to the fact Sylvia won so it gets a worse rap. Bad fight but better than Beast vs Frank IMO

It had more strikes thrown, but it was more painful for me to endure as it was a 5 round fight, and with a title on the line it was mind blowing to watch the challenger (Arlovski) refuse to turn it up a notch even in the final two rounds. Basically, both guys had already KOd one another and neither wanted to risk losing the rubber match. A truly dismal affair.

ive accepted him as the funniest HW.

Back