Have you ever been fired/lose a job for something stupid?

Nameless Ghoul

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Like legitimately stupid, and not something run of the mill or a matter of opinion. For example: I worked at a factory for 2 years after High School before deciding to go to college. During my final 2 weeks, I was on my lunch break warming up something in the microwave and my buddy was waiting to use it next. When he put his food in and stepped out of the room, I opened the door, put a Starburst under the Hot Pocket, and restarted it. It was a "ha ha" moment and I didn't think anything of it.

The next day I came in, and got called into the Supervisors office. He started questioning me about the Starburst, and wanted to know why and if it was me? I admitted it and was told I would have to go to a discipline meeting on Monday for "tampering with company property". He also said due to it being during my last 2 weeks, I was likely going to be made an example of to others and be fired. So I quit.

Years ago at a software development company I quoted a client (stupidly) "twenty four fifty" for example. I can't remember the actual cost. This was for a market leading hazmat software program and the dumbass thought I meant $24.50 not $2,450. He ordered than made a stink when the bill came in. My fault for not explaining the costs properly. I was told the next day I wasn't a fit for the company.

Usually when people get fired for stupid shit it's just the boss looking for any reason to get rid of you

Years ago at a software development company I quoted a client (stupidly) "twenty four fifty" for example. I can't remember the actual cost. This was for a market leading hazmat software program and the dumbass thought I meant $24.50 not $2,450. He ordered than made a stink when the bill came in. My fault for not explaining the costs properly. I was told the next day I wasn't a fit for the company.

I'm in the market for this type of software right now, lol.

What software? Is it any good?

What moron thinks you can buy that type of software for 25 dollars?

Like legitimately stupid, and not something run of the mill or a matter of opinion. For example: I worked at a factory for 2 years after High School before deciding to go to college. During my final 2 weeks, I was on my lunch break warming up something in the microwave and my buddy was waiting to use it next. When he put his food in and stepped out of the room, I opened the door, put a Starburst under the Hot Pocket, and restarted it. It was a "ha ha" moment and I didn't think anything of it.

The next day I came in, and got called into the Supervisors office. He started questioning me about the Starburst, and wanted to know why and if it was me? I admitted it and was told I would have to go to a discipline meeting on Monday for "tampering with company property". He also said due to it being during my last 2 weeks, I was likely going to be made an example of to others and be fired. So I quit.

I bet your supervisor went home and banged the hell out of his wife that night.

Was probably a huge adrenaline rush for him to discipline someone for putting a Starburst under a Hot Pocket.

I'm in the market for this type of software right now, lol.

What software? Is it any good?
This was literally between 15-20 years ago. At the time it was world leading software but I googled the company a few years ago and couldn't find anything, not even a reference.

What moron thinks you can buy that type of software for 25 dollars?
I'm pretty sure he knew it wasn't $25 but just wanted to make an example of us. We were really bad for multiple cold calls to the same companies. I also think my bosses were looking to get rid of me anyways as I will admit the software was very confusing and I was having problems understanding it well enough to explain it to clients.

So your 'buddy' snitched on you ?

I got fired for stealing boxes.

On my day off.

I build pretty nice furniture but I wanted to work for a master carpenter. He was remodeling a house so I volunteered to change a sinks supply lines. Ended up snapping a plastic trim ring on a 35 faucet. Got fired.

I wouldn't apologize to a co worker for telling them to answer their fucking radio so got laidoff.

I got fired for putting in my 2 week noticr. I thought that was pretty stupid

Totally. Miserable piece of shit boss fired me for leaving early all the time and pulling "no shows" weekly.

Back