Have you ever been fired/lose a job for something stupid?

walmart let me work for 6 months in flip flops and then out of nowhere they fired me for wearing flip flops. its funny cause its true

I got caught jackin off at work an got fired

Boxes full of iPhones?
zJj5E.gif

1st job
muffin boxer
i called and left a message that i couldnt work 1 day next week
he said he checked rthe messages and there wasnt 1 from me\
fired
f him

I bet your supervisor went home and banged the hell out of his wife that night.

Was probably a huge adrenaline rush for him to discipline someone for putting a Starburst under a Hot Pocket.

Wtf, lol.

And no, I have never been fired. But I have done some stupid shit.

Very recently fired for telling my boss I was going to delete every file on the company server. I worked for a pretty big company.

During my final 2 weeks, I was on my lunch break warming up something in the microwave and my buddy was waiting to use it next. When he put his food in and stepped out of the room, I opened the door, put a Starburst under the Hot Pocket, and restarted it. It was a "ha ha" moment and I didn't think anything of it.

This guy wasn't your buddy if he complained to your boss.

I'm not following. Why would putting a starburst under a hot pocket be funny.

I build pretty nice furniture but I wanted to work for a master carpenter. He was remodeling a house so I volunteered to change a sinks supply lines. Ended up snapping a plastic trim ring on a 35 faucet. Got fired.

That guy was a cunt then. That shit is the price of doing business.

Fortunately for me I don’t have fired stories but I thought I would share one of a friend of mine.

My best friend in my 20’s was a radio dj for a popular alternative rock station in Sacramento. They had a competition with contestants called “hold your wee for a wi” where everyone would drink water at times intervals and if you had to take a piss you lost and whoever was last person standing won a Nintendo wi. Well the girl who finished second died. They fired everyone who was even present at the meeting where the idea for the contest was conceived which included my friend even though he himself had no input and wasn’t involved in the contest.

Fortunately for me I don’t have fired stories but I thought I would share one of a friend of mine.

My best friend in my 20’s was a radio dj for a popular alternative rock station in Sacramento. They had a competition with contestants called “hold your wee for a wi” where everyone would drink water at times intervals and if you had to take a piss you lost and whoever was last person standing won a Nintendo wi. Well the girl who finished second died. They fired everyone who was even present at the meeting where the idea for the contest was conceived which included my friend even though he himself had no input and wasn’t involved in the contest.

I remember that

Like legitimately stupid, and not something run of the mill or a matter of opinion. For example: I worked at a factory for 2 years after High School before deciding to go to college. During my final 2 weeks, I was on my lunch break warming up something in the microwave and my buddy was waiting to use it next. When he put his food in and stepped out of the room, I opened the door, put a Starburst under the Hot Pocket, and restarted it. It was a "ha ha" moment and I didn't think anything of it.

The next day I came in, and got called into the Supervisors office. He started questioning me about the Starburst, and wanted to know why and if it was me? I admitted it and was told I would have to go to a discipline meeting on Monday for "tampering with company property". He also said due to it being during my last 2 weeks, I was likely going to be made an example of to others and be fired. So I quit.

Beat two Israelis with their own footlong while working at Subway. Got fired but my stupid short sighted boss still wanted me to finish my night shift at another location. Oh and he also told me he's deducting my pay from the morning for the fight.
After finishing up my shift, I took a dump in the meatball marinara sauce. The next day when they put that in the microwave........the smell sure told everyone something was a baking just fresh !

I was 19.

I grew up on a big property my family owned. We had two other houses on the property that we rented out. The guy who's family rented a house from us had previously owned his own carpet installation business and was now working for a flooring company and running his own crew. He got me a job working there and he and the owner seemed to like me as a worker.

One day my dad, a couple of my uncle's, a few cousins, and me had got together on a weekend to do some work on the property. The house that I lived in and the house the renter lived in were about a half mile apart so our dogs never came into contact. This day I had brought my dog with me to hang out while we worked.

The renter came down to shoot the shit for awhile and his dog followed him down. Immediately the dogs started growling at each other and I told him he better get his dog out of there just to be safe. He blew me off and said they would be fine. We started doing some of the work and within a few minutes the dogs started fighting. My dog grabbed his dog by the neck, flipped it onto its back, and was shaking it like a rag doll. I ran over to break up the fight but I couldn't separate them right away. The renter comes over and starts kicking my dog in the head with steel toed boots. I shoved the guy out the way and told him to back off. At that point my uncle comes over with hose and starts spraying the dogs as I go back to trying to separate them and we break up the fight.

I never encouraged my dog to fight. A friend of mine had a champion golden lab that they had put out to stud who had escaped from his yard one day and got ripped to shreds by an Akita who belonged to a friend of both our dad's. This Akita was also the father of my dog. So I had realized how shitty dog fights are. Both my dog and the renters dog were un-neutered which obviously made for a tense situation. I had tried to de-escalate the situation as soon as his dog came down, but he blew me off.

Anyways, the place we lived was about an hour commute from where we worked and we always carpooled. When Monday morning came around I got ready for work and was waiting out on my porch to get picked up like always, and this guy blows past my house, goes out through the gate, and takes off down the road. I got the message loud and clear. That's the only time I've ever been fired.

I bet your supervisor went home and banged the hell out of his wife that night.

Was probably a huge adrenaline rush for him to discipline someone for putting a Starburst under a Hot Pocket.

Working at a medical supply warehouse. I was instructed to label and package a certain bundles. Other larger bundles I was told to avoid. However, one of the floor managers told me to touch one of the larger bundles. I told her I wasn't supposed to touch those but she insisted. I worked the bundle, waited for more labels that took forever to get to me. As a result, I got a call from the temp service and was terminated from that assignment.

Funny thing is, that company closed and relocated some 50 miles away. Some people quit, other people drove the 50 miles. Me, I bummed around different jobs until I got a job and didn't give a shit.

Yes. I worked in a warehouse in my early 20s were they had a mandatory overtime policy without paying overtime. I'm a mechanically inclined guy so the list of my jobs kept growing and growing without getting a raise. They also expected me to switch back and forth between day and night shifts on 24hrs notice. Their response to my concerns? Nobody is indispensable.

So I just stopped showing up one day without calling in. I was completely devastated when after a week of unanswered phone calls they left a message that I was fired. Devastated, I say!!

Like legitimately stupid, and not something run of the mill or a matter of opinion. For example: I worked at a factory for 2 years after High School before deciding to go to college. During my final 2 weeks, I was on my lunch break warming up something in the microwave and my buddy was waiting to use it next. When he put his food in and stepped out of the room, I opened the door, put a Starburst under the Hot Pocket, and restarted it. It was a "ha ha" moment and I didn't think anything of it.

The next day I came in, and got called into the Supervisors office. He started questioning me about the Starburst, and wanted to know why and if it was me? I admitted it and was told I would have to go to a discipline meeting on Monday for "tampering with company property". He also said due to it being during my last 2 weeks, I was likely going to be made an example of to others and be fired. So I quit.
I got fired from my first job, BK!.

When I was a teen I took a job as a janitor for a mental hospital lol...

I took two days off when my daughter was born and they fired me, I didn’t lose sleep cause I hated the job but I always thought it was pretty low considering now it’s a state protected right in ca.

Earlier then that I got fired from mc Donald’s also,I got caught stealing nuggets/apple pies..I was homeless and always hungry so I would grab a couple here and there.

some little snitch kid who always kissed ass ratted me out.

Back