Have you ever bought a named brand?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a name of a business. The owner has closed the business down like 9 years ago and yet the name is still registered with him because the trademark hasn't expired yet. Curios to know how much should I expect to pay?

Its a name of a business for fitness/martial arts.

I am wondering how what the initial offer be?

I would offer a bit less than the asking price. If it's not accepted, then it's time to negotiate.

I would offer a bit less than the asking price. If it's not accepted, then it's time to negotiate.

That's the thing though, he is not even selling it. I think registration of trademark is like 15 years. He closed the business down 9 years ago and moved on. The thing hasn't expired and I want to make an offer but I don't want to throw a number that is too low that makes it disrespectable while too high might make him want to bleed me for every penny.

So I am not sure what offer I should put down?

“CuntMan enterprises world wide”

I’m still waiting for this to open up

Tiger Schulman doesn’t carry as much weight as you think, son.

Common guys I need a serious answer!

Just use the name. If tries to say anything just beat him up, he hasn't trained in 9 years

Honestly I would just ask if you could use the name for free. If he counters then you can start negotiating

That's the thing though, he is not even selling it. I think registration of trademark is like 15 years. He closed the business down 9 years ago and moved on. The thing hasn't expired and I want to make an offer but I don't want to throw a number that is too low that makes it disrespectable while too high might make him want to bleed me for every penny.

So I am not sure what offer I should put down?

You are going about this the wrong way. Stop worrying about the number and start thinking about the negotiation instead.

Do you have contact with him.

Would he be receptive to selling in the first place.

If his business already failed nine years ago then the brand is pretty much useless to him (and you)

Rebuilding a legacy brand is typically only useful if there is nostalgia.

Whats the name of this mcDojo?

Honestly I would just ask if you could use the name for free. If he counters then you can start negotiating

The name and trademark is registered officially in the data base. I also cant locate the guy even though I tried. So I need to do it right. Just want to know how to purchase it.

You are going about this the wrong way. Stop worrying about the number and start thinking about the negotiation instead.

Do you have contact with him.

Would he be receptive to selling in the first place.

If his business already failed nine years ago then the brand is pretty much useless to him (and you)

Rebuilding a legacy brand is typically only useful if there is nostalgia.

Whats the name of this mcDojo?

I don't have contact with him. He abandoned the name because he found a different name and went with that. Afterwards he left the field to become a mechanic in a different town.

I buy name brands all the time which is why I was confused.

What you mean is have I bought a brand name.

Common you know what I mean. Like buying a name of a business.

Back