Have you ever bought a named brand?

Rather not say because its way too badass that some of you might want to steal it for yourselves.
Honestly man, just go with something like “Apex MMA” save yourself both hassle and money.

I am looking to purchase a name of a business. The owner has closed the business down like 9 years ago and yet the name is still registered with him because the trademark hasn't expired yet. Curios to know how much should I expect to pay?

Its a name of a business for fitness/martial arts.

I am wondering how what the initial offer be?

Ask him if you can use the name. Don't mention money. Go from there.

First off, why did the business fail? Why did he change name? Bad rep? Do you want people to associate you with that brand?

Ask him if you can use the name. Don't mention money. Go from there.

Well he could say yes and I could start using the name but he could change his mind and throw a lawsuit no?

First off, why did the business fail? Why did he change name? Bad rep? Do you want people to associate you with that brand?

He changed the name because he wanted his last name to be the name of the business. Eventually he lost passion and moved on to construction business.

Not trying to be negative, my man. Genuinely trying to help.

Apex MMA is a damn good name but I am not interested in the MMA business.

Well he could say yes and I could start using the name but he could change his mind and throw a lawsuit no?

Yeah but he may suggest a pittance or free, you don't know where he is financially and it establishes a bargaining position of free which means you can at least half what he comes up with.

Back