Have you ever had a Turducken?

Have you ever had a Turducken?

• Total voters
Well i was thinking about placing deer tenderloins inside the turkey, but if we wanna put the turkey inside the deer, we really are talking about lots of shake & bake packages!

I suppose I could fit the deer in the industrial sized garbage bag. Then add a 5 gallons bucket full of shake & bake mix. Then stick my leave blower inside to shake it all up & evenly coat the deer meat. Kinda like sand blasting the deer with shake & bake mix lol

How the fuck we cooking this shit :eek:

Thread is making my mouth water.

How about squirrel?

Cowpigdeerlamturduckensquirrlequailen.

Shake and bake.

I've had it, it wasn't very good. By the time the chicken, and the stuffing inside it, is done everything else is overcooked, so you end up with dry overcooked turkey, dry overcooked duck with gross chewy skin, okay chicken and a lot of soggy stuffing.

There's a recipe and method for cooking it on Serious Eats that looks like it might be worthwhile as it addresses all of the issues with Turducken.
http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/11/the-food-lab-the-ulimate-turducken.html

Octurkrab is where it's at.

ajhrdxq2e6uz.jpg

Duck is gross & there's no need to ruin a turkey by adding duck to it

Duck is amazing if cooked right. It's definitely better than turkey and chicken. Peking duck or duck confit >>>>>>>> all other birds

I bought my kitties turducken canned food. My cats are more cultured than I am.
iu

several times..............wait,what did i just admit to? i swear i thought she's was a woman!

Octurkrab is where it's at.

ajhrdxq2e6uz.jpg

Pass some of that Cthulu please....

I plan on making a meat fatty with bacon, ground beef, venison and maybe some other animal... I will name it the Vegan Scream'n

What? Duck is delicious! And even if you don't think so, I can't fathom why anyone would say: Turkey is delicious, but duck is gross. It's not that they're that far apart.
I love duck, especially the crispy skin when fried.

had it twice, nothing to write home about.

Duck is gross & there's no need to ruin a turkey by adding duck to it

Turkey and Chicken, particularly the white meat can be very dry by the time the dark meat cooks. Thus why they do Butterball Turkeys.

The Duck in the Turducken basically replaces the butter as Duck is a far more greasy bird and as it cooks it will expel grease which bastes the Chicken and Turkey. there will be some slight flavour melding but not much that should ruin the Turkey or Chicken flavour for you. It is more of a hint.

TS, I've never had the Turducken but I have had something similar and I am guessing better. I attended a pig roast where they had inserted two giant turkeys into the cavity of the pig as it roasted. Thus as the pig cooked and released juices the turkeys were basted naturally as well. I've never had Turkey's so good and moist with a slight bacon flavour permeated throughout.Yum.

There's a 3 Michelin star restaraunt in france that does a Frankenstein sewn together chicken and duck. It's prob delicious.

chickenduck.jpg

Back