Have you ever taken an IQ Test?

Never takn an test but eye do no eye em smrt!

giphy.gif

Never tooktan official IQ. Did get a 41 on the wonderlic

Yes I took one a long time ago, but I will not share the results. That's personal.
<Y2JSmirk>

Yes. Results were astounding. I'm... dramatic pause... completely average on the curve, much to my amazement.

A lot. My dad is a psychologist so he used me as a guinea pig.

Took an IQ test (among other tests) when I was in highschool, because I was doing incredibly bad. My main teacher couldn't understand why I had marks that bad since he saw me as everything but dumb. Was sent to a psychologist and a psychiatrist for a battery of tests.

I did well for IQ, memory and dyslexia. Nothing worth mentionning.

Did way better in university than in high school.

Still have no clue what those IQ tests are supposed to measure

A lot. My dad is a psychologist so he used me as a guinea pig.

Are there many different IQ tests? And does the result vary a lot ? Like if a person A takes a certain IQ test and has a given result, but can have soemthing totally different if the test was different?

My favorite part of IQ tests is that despite no other metric predicting success as well with regard to things like performance in higher education or in the marketplace we continue to erode our testing parameters:
https://www.us.mensa.org/join/testscores/qualifying-test-scores/
upload_2018-7-23_5-55-15.png

upload_2018-7-23_5-55-34.png

You're never going to know who the smart people really are unless you're willing to tell the stupid people they're stupid. It's on them to change what they can.

Can't remember what the result was but I came 2nd out of my year of about 60 students.

The class hottie scored higher than me.

Are there many different IQ tests? And does the result vary a lot ? Like if a person A takes a certain IQ test and has a given result, but can have soemthing totally different if the test was different?

I'm certainly no expert on IQ-tests, and this was a long time ago. But there are certainly lots of tests for different "kinds" of intelligence, I mean logical/mathematical intelligence is probably what most people think of in terms of IQ, but (at least if you subscribe to that way of thinking) there's a lot of different kinds of intelligence, such as verbal intelligence, emotional intelligence etc.

I'm certainly no expert on IQ-tests, and this was a long time ago. But there are certainly lots of tests for different "kinds" of intelligence, I mean logigal/mathematical intelligence is probably what most people think of in terms of IQ, but (at least if you subscribe to that way of thinking) there's a lot of different kinds of intelligence, such as verbal intelligence, emotional intelligence etc.
Yeah, all those challengers don't hold up as predictive markers.

I like the ideas, but they haven't found their controls. The Harvard professor Howard Gardner is a seminal mind in this field:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Gardner

Back