Have you ever tried putting garlic cloves in your smoothie?

raw garlic gives you a pretty noticeable boost In nitroc oxide. I always have like a clove of raw garlic prior to workouts.

Joe Rogan has a lot of terrible ideas when it comes to food "recipes". In fact, all of his "science-based" rambling is almost always pseudo intellectual nonsense.

Just cook your food with garlic or put it in some salad, why would you put it in a fucking smoothie lol?
Care toe elaborate on this or are you just talking out of your ass?

i'd rather eat them in some form of meal. But no reason to think its nothing but beneficial to your body. Just tastes like hell.

I make my own raw garlic capsules by making a fine paste out of the cloves by using a garlic press and then mincing them with a chefs knife. After that I use a q-tip to stuff the garlic into the capsules and then drink them with a smoothie or a meal.

I consume one or two cloves at a time depending on the size. Let the garlic capsules sit for about 5-10 minutes or until the capsules soften to make them easier to swallow.
Fk. Why not just cook with it ?

For what it's worth, a close uncle of mine has been eating handfuls of it for lunch n dinner. Yes handfuls.
His family has a history of heart disease and early death. But he's 83, looks like a healthy early 60s. Is active as fk playing 9 holes at the golf course every day plus travelling. Is mentally as sharp as can be. He's a retired high level government bureaucrat and still sits on some advisory / policy boards. Guy looks almost the same in every aspect since the last 30 years. I'm sure if I put a young n present him side by side I'll spot the changes but off my memory, almost none.
He also eats a shit ton of fruits n vegetables.
I copy him as much as I can.

tl;dr

Old man eats shit ton of raw garlic, fruits n vegetables.
Looks like a 60 year old but is nearly 2 1/2 decades older.
Ima copy him.

Last edited:
raw garlic gives you a pretty noticeable boost In nitroc oxide. I always have like a clove of raw garlic prior to workouts.

I too like to supplement with nitrous oxide. Really adds that much needed boost when needed.
I just laugh like a maniac, when others get tired, and keep going.

Joe Rogan has a lot of terrible ideas when it comes to food "recipes". In fact, all of his "science-based" rambling is almost always pseudo intellectual nonsense.

Just cook your food with garlic or put it in some salad, why would you put it in a fucking smoothie lol?
Because Joe Alpha Brain Rogan said so.

raw garlic is just another health food fad. just cook it god damnit it tastes delicious.

Fk. Why not just cook with it ?

For what it's worth, a close uncle of mine has been eating handfuls of it for lunch n dinner. Yes handfuls.
His family has a history of heart disease and early death. But he's 83, looks like a healthy early 60s. Is active as fk playing 9 holes at the golf course every day plus travelling. Is mentally as sharp as can be. He's a retired high level government bureaucrat and still sits on some advisory / policy boards. Guy looks almost the same in every aspect since the last 30 years. I'm sure if I put a young n present him side by side I'll spot the changes but off my memory, almost none.
He also eats a shit ton of fruits n vegetables.
I copy him as much as I can.

tl;dr

Old man eats shit ton of raw garlic, fruits n vegetables.
Looks like a 60 year old but is nearly 2 1/2 decades older.
Ima copy him.

Sorry for the late response.

I read that cooking garlic causes it to lose some of it's health benefits. I treat the raw garlic as a supplement, but I cook with it a lot too.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/3...alth-benefits-of-raw-garlic-vs-cooked-garlic/

From the article.
Allicin Is Made by Raw Garlic
Most of the health benefits of garlic are attributed to the compound allicin. This heart disease and cancer-fighting compound is formed from garlic when a compound called alliin in garlic comes into contact with the garlic enzyme alliinase when raw garlic is cut, crushed or chewed. When you heat or cook garlic, alliinase becomes inactivated, preventing the production of allicin. As a result, cooking garlic decreases many of its health benefits, according to the American Academy of Family Physicians.

You can cook with it and keep most of the benefits, but I don't let it sit 45 min like it says to below.

How to Best Cook Garlic
Cooking garlic destroys the ability of the garlic to make allicin, the main health-promoting component of garlic. Still, it may be possible to prepare cooked garlic with allicin levels similar to raw garlic. A report by Science Daily explains that if raw garlic is first chopped and then allowed to sit for 45 minutes, it can produce allicin. Once allicin is produced by this raw garlic preparaton, the garlic can be cooked with minimal loss of allicin. According to this report, cooked garlic prepared in this manner is similar in its anti-cancer effects to raw garlic.

That's cool to hear about your uncle, but he eats handfuls of raw garlic for lunch and dinner? Damn, his breath must be gnarly lol.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late response.

I read that cooking garlic causes it to lose some of it's health benefits. I treat the raw garlic as a supplement, but I cook with it a lot too.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/3...alth-benefits-of-raw-garlic-vs-cooked-garlic/

From the article.

You can cook with it and keep most of the benefits, but I don't let it sit 45 min like it says to below.

That's cool to hear about your uncle, but he eats handfuls of raw garlic for lunch and dinner? Damn, his breath must be gnarly lol.

Yeah but eating eating raw garlic has a major health risk.......severely disrupts your chance of girl boning.

My uncle ? His beard probably keeps it in check. I dunno.
He's been married 47 years and he n my aunt sleep in separate rooms.

So go figure.

EDIT : maybe the separate rooms is why he's so long lived / youthful looking

Yeah but eating eating raw garlic has a major health risk.......severely disrupts your chance of girl boning.

It's not bad when I swallow the capsules. Chewing it makes it way worse.

It helps raise test levels and is good for libido. Just chew gum and don't take it before you're about to get some. ;)

I recently tried adding a garlic clove to a hot lemon water drink (also had honey and apple cider vinegar in it) and was also amazed at how awful it tasted. Just eat them straight up or add them to a compatible dish like spaghetti sauce they'll enhance. They're supposedly good for your immune system and libido.
did you feel ok for a week.. didnt u get any upset feeling? i want to confirm before i give it a try..;)

did you feel ok for a week.. didnt u get any upset feeling? i want to confirm before i give it a try..;)
It didn't upset me but I have a strong stomach. It will make your sweat stink more though.

Na but I put a can of tuna in a fruit shake once.

Update to my earlier post.

I've been mixing one or two cloves of minced raw garlic (after letting it sit for 10 minutes) with a spoonful of honey and washing it down with water. Seems a lot easier that way and it doesn't taste bad as long as you drink it fast and don't let the garlic sit in the honey too long.

Last edited:
Crushing a clove and eating it raw legit cured me when I was feeling sick and shitty

It was horrible going down though, like true suffering... but I felt chewing it alone did way more.

Update to my earlier post.

I've been mixing one or two cloves of minced raw garlic (after letting it sit for 10 minutes) with a spoonful of honey and washing it down with water. Seems a lot easier that way and it doesn't taste bad as long as you drink it fast and don't let the garlic sit in the honey too long.

But how does it affect your breath.

But how does it affect your breath.

Not too bad. It's about the same as if you eat something cooked with garlic. Just brush your teeth afterwards and chew some gum. Put the honey/garlic mixture in your mouth with a spoon and wash it down with some water right away. Don't chew it. If you're worried about your breath then take it when you don't have anywhere to be for awhile or take it before bed.

If you've never eaten raw garlic before then start with about half a clove to see how your stomach reacts to it. Gradually increase the amount.

Back